window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: A Different Kind of Mailday

February 20, 2009

A Different Kind of Mailday


There are many signs that baseball season is coming. The first for me is the Yankees invoice for my tickets, of course they are always first because they want their money. The next would be the countdown to pitchers and catchers, which usually prompts the third sign. The third sign being going over to Amazon to pre-order my copy of the Baseball Prospectus. That was my mail-day yesterday. A nice heavy box from Amazon arrived around 12:30pm, with my shiny new book. Next is the fantasy baseball draft, and armed with this book, a few magazines, and useless knowledge I should be able to draft a decent team (I hope).

Anyone else pick this up this year or in the past? I think it's a great prediction of the upcoming season, and it's great for keeping an eye on the farm systems because they do give you information on up and coming prospects.

Speaking of fantasy baseball, I believe I have one spot still open. One last call to all!

9 comments:

  1. I suppose I'll cave and take the last spot. I was just hesitant about roto-style but I guess it's just more for fun than anything with the bloggers. When do I have to pay by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My copy of BP arrived yesterday as well. I have gotten this wonderful baseball bible for the past 3 years and have yet to be disappointed. I keep them and from time to time I go back and see if they were right. Love the prospects and analysis of each team. Hopefully the Yankee prospects start to develop into the new batch of JEter, Pettitte, Mariano, and Bernie. The idea of Austin Romine, Austine Jackson, and Jesus Montero along with the Yankee pitching staff makes me very happy at night. The perfect pill to the A-Rod syringes sticking into the news these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pay for the league any time this week is fine.

    I hope Jesus Montero does ok because I have one of his first autographs from the TriStar Yankees set, well and because he is a Yankee.

    That book was quite accurate on the players I stopped to look at yesterday, like Pujols, Braun and A-Rod. I'm wondering how Cano will be to start the year after playing in the Dominican all off season, then the WBC. Hopefully he starts the season strong, and has a breakout year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still waiting for mine ....

    {salt}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to think that you're my long lost twin or something, Marie. It's freaky. I ordered the same book from Amazon and it's scheduled to arrive today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ Dave.

    I just picked up the new S.I. with A-Hole on the cover. I'll save that for tonight when I am bored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My copy of Baseball Prospectus arrived today. It should be an interesting draft with both of us relying on the same reference material. I will definitely not be picking up the new S.I. with A-Rod on the cover - so we're not long lost twins after all...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked up my copy tonight, actually. I got a 40% off coupon from Borders, so I only had to pay about $13, which was nice. I've bought it the last two years, too.

    My biggest complaint with it: what the hell happened to the index? I don't know if they're trying to cut costs or if they just simply made a mistake, but it's frustrating to not have an index of players in the back this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baseball Forecaster is the one and only. Ron Shandler knows his stuff and is rarely wrong.

    ReplyDelete