window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2009 Topps Series 1

February 1, 2009

2009 Topps Series 1

I opened 2 packs so far of 2009 Topps Series One, and I scanned the packs for everyone to check out. My favorite cards were Ryan Braun, and sadly a Topps Town card because it was Jay Bruce. The Lou Gehrig card is pretty cool, and I will add Teixeira to my Yankee binder since he lives there now.

By the way, I want to say that Chipper Jones collectors have the easiest job on Earth. Every single time I buy cards, without fail, there he is.

Anyone else find any packs today? I live right outside of NYC, just the other side of the bridge and that's where I found these packs.






No Turkey Red yet, but I still have a couple more here to open.

12 comments:

  1. Mark Teixeira is such a weird looking guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find his name more annoying than anything else. It looks cool, but its a pain to type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no we don't. Apparently, YOU get all the packs with the Chipper cards and they don't come to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looked at Target in SE Portland, OR and nothing there, looking forward to buying team set from you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Russ- I have plenty of Chipper cards for trade and so does Sooz. By all means, send us an e-mail if you have anything that we collect.

    Thanks for checking out the store, Rod. Hopefully weather permitting the cards will be up by Weds. night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've opened something like 16 packs. I really like those Legends cards. I got the Ryan, Hornsby, Mantle, Maris and Gehrig. I did pull a Ripken but I traded it to William who is a big Orioles fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like Topps' photo selection is much better this year. The Aki card looks awesome. Horrible photo of Ryan Braun though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, why does Braun always look so depressed. For God sakes he's the Hebrew Hammer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am laughing so hard at the "Hebrew Hammer".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank God they didn't airbrush a Yankee uni onto Teixeira.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tried two Targets here in Grand Rapids, MI yesterday. The first one didn't have them and the second one did. Bought 5 packs and scored two Turkey Reds... I like them quite a bit. The Legends cards are meh at best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the "Legends of the Game" cards. Classy, yet understated. Any chance of getting a scan up of the back of the card?

    ReplyDelete