window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2009 Fantasy Baseball Update

February 3, 2009

2009 Fantasy Baseball Update


Look out, I am already researching for our team....

OK, here is the latest since I have been prolonging this for way too long. We are running the league on Yahoo! in a league that everyone will be made aware of as soon as I re-new my league for the season. League name and info will be e-mailed once it is set up.

These are the teams:
-Grand Cards
-Fielders Choice
-Captain Canuck
-psad21
-madding
-Todd Uncommon
-me and Sooz
-thenennthinning
-Joey
-gcrl

I still need 2 more people to commit, so don't be shy.

The league will be rotisserie style with the following roster slots:

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 0F, 0F, 0F, CI, MI, DH
5 SP/P, 2 RP
5 Open spots
2 DL

Points will be in the following format: (to be determined at this point) Sooz has a good system but has been busy with work the last couple of days so she will show us the point system in the very near future, and we can discuss what everyone agrees with and doesn't.


Payment for the league is due by February 28th, and will be $20. We are going to pay 2 places, 1st and 2nd will win a box. $240 total, I am thinking $175/$65 split. We will purchase the boxes from DAC or Blowout, and shipping should be free over $150.

Payments will go to the e-mail address cardbandits AT gmail DOT com, please include in the note what the payment is for so that we both have a receipt of payment.

EDIT: By paying through PayPal we ask that you pay from a checking account so that we don't pay any fees on it, otherwise you can mail a money order or check.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. I am a huge fantasy baseball junkie but usually only play one team a year.

    I hope you guys will post updates during the season. That'd make for fun reading -- at least for some of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to post the standings every week or every other week so the people not in the league can cheer or boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried and tried to not do this - but your call for 2 more has me interested - before I can commit - Ineed to know when the draft is going to be - please email stephenbrown1980@hotmail.com and I will see if i can make it - just dont tell my wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, and I can't wait for the draft and the season to start! You and Sooz could have separate teams, and that would be one way to fill an empty slot.

    I do have a couple of ideas about the rosters though:

    - If we have 3 OF slots and 6 IF slots, that will really de-value the outfielders (meaning there will be a ton of good ones available on waivers). Most of the leagues that I've played in have 5 starting OF slots. 4 would be a step in the right direction.

    - Since we'll have 12 teams and there are only 14 AL teams with DHs, it might be better to have a UTIL slot instead of DH for flexibility.

    - I'd like to see 1-2 more RP slots, but that's not as big of a deal.

    I'm fine with whatever you decide though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, yesterday my brain was not functioning at all, and Sooz can vouch for that. I think she spent most of our conversations yesterday shaking her head in disbelief of my stupidity. I broke my brain yesterday. I couldn't think of Utility player, so I just put DH but I meant UTIL. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you need another team, I'll play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, if you still have an opening in your baseball league I would like to join if I would be able to draft from a computer since I live far from you in New York State. I restarted collecting baseball cards again and have been reading many of your blogs. Please let me know if you still have a spot and if could draft not in person.
    Thanks Tkar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I believe we have one opening left. I am going to post payment instructions tonight, or e-mail cardbandits AT gmail DOT com.

    ReplyDelete