window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Today's the day and a homework assignment

April 13, 2010

Today's the day and a homework assignment

I feel like every other team has had their opening day already, but today is the Yankees turn.

Marie and I are going to in attendance and, thankfully, I'm going just for fun. This is my third opening day this year. Yeah, I know, tough life I lead.

Hopefully, when we get back we'll have some photos to share with you guys.

Also, don't forget to check out Twitter. I am sure Marie and I will have some commentary as well as photos throughout the day. That's if the cell service isn't too bad at Yankee Stadium. Last year was terrible when trying to tweet. Don't the Yankees know I have to keep in touch!

Here's the homework assignment. It was announced earlier this morning that
Panini is going to develop new distribution procedures. I read it, but since I am running on about three hours of sleep right now, I don't fully understand.

Can someone break this down for me and make it a little dumber. I ask because I think I am misunderstanding what I am reading. I am curious as to how this effects a place like Blow Out Cards. I thought they were both a retailer and a distributor, but I could be wrong.

I'm not looking for a 500-word assignment. Just break it down for me in roughly three sentences.

Or, if you want to blog about it with your own analysis, feel free to link in the comments section.

Thanks. Enjoy the day.

2 comments:

  1. I choose to ignore your homework assignment and instead comment on home openers.

    I attended the Target Field home opener yesterday. I was completely content with the fact that I wouldn't be going (all of the tickets were already seized up by season ticket holders, raffled off, or sent to Boston). However, last Tuesday night during the Twins/Angels broadcast, they announced that Boston had sent back nearly 500 tickets. I raced online and got mine! Row 24, main level, First Base side, near Right Field... $37/seat. Target Field is absolutely incredible, all of the pregame ceremonies were amazing, and the game itself was AWESOME! Plus, add to the fact that the forecast called for rain and storms the entire day, but instead was partly cloudy to clear the entire time... I couldn't have imagined a better Ballpark Opening.

    I posted that here because I don't write on my blog any more. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think I got this: Panini doesn't want their product wholesaled on the secondary markets (i.e. eBay) or severely discounted by online retailers (i.e. Blowout) or through unscrupulous distributors in an effort to keep business in the brick-and-mortar stores. So, in order to do business with them you have to prove you're a storefront somewhere (not just online). You also have to promise not to wholesale their products. You will also be given a 'minimum suggested price' from which you cannot sell less than. Do anything wrong and they blacklist you from selling their products.

    I can put it even simpler:

    See Panini. See shark. See Panini jumping shark.

    ReplyDelete