window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Exquisite baseball drives me crazy

April 12, 2010

Exquisite baseball drives me crazy

I don't own many Exquisite cards. I never bought a hobby box of the stuff. If I recall properly the stuff is really expensive.

But, I do have a few cards of 2007 Exquisite baseball - and it drives me completely crazy.

Why is this set so big? There are so many cards per player it makes it difficult to chase. Not only for the sheer number of cards, but because of the prize of the hobby box, usually you can't find many of these cheaply on eBay. I've seen Kevin Kouzmanoff card being offered for BIN at $80-plus (example). No one, not even his mother, is going to pay that much money for one his autographs.

Slowly, excruciatingly slow, I've managed to pick up a few cards through eBay and trades. There are 58 of the 2007 Exquisite card on my want list.

I have seven. This is even harder than the 2008 UD Heroes to complete.

This was the latest one I picked up on eBay.


2007 Exquisite Rookie Signature Collection College Ties Autograph with Lyle Overbay.They both played at the University of Nevada-Reno, just not at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah 07 Exquisite is seriously crazy. Sometimes, I wonder if they keep printing off new boxes of the stuff because it seems like I'm seeing more and more of it opened now that looks different (as in different combos of players, or players I haven't seen in the set before) than 2-3 years back. Same goes for 07 UD Sweet Spot Classics...

    Maybe I'm just paranoid/wacky.

    ReplyDelete