window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: I like custom card makers

May 24, 2010

I like custom card makers

I wish I had the skills to make custom cards. More so than learning to use Photoshop, which I can get by on, I think my imagination and creativity have a lot to be desired.

So, I love checking out the different blog to see custom card creations. So many of you guys are really talented.

I just got around to posting this now, but Topher at Crackin' Wax created this Derek Jeter 1/1 card for me. I absolutely love it and will go into my collection. It's a physical card, by the way. The design is simple, yet elegant and I could never come up with something like this.



Over at The Mojo Beard, Beardy look at look at how fun 2010 Goudey could have been this year. Since Upper Deck no longer has baseball license, he created a few cards at request to give collectors a feel of what their favorite players would have looked like.

I really, really like this "Kouz for Sooz," (How cool would it be if one of his actual cards said that?)



When it comes to the guys out there who create custom cards, the fun thing is we never have to wonder what something would have looked like.

Forgive my ignorance, but who are all the custom card creators out there. I would like to give all of them their due.


Click Here

8 comments:

  1. Topher created a fantastic custom card for me.

    I mentioned him and a bunch of other custom card people here:

    http://nightowlcards.blogspot.com/2010/05/awesome-night-card-pt-84.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Jeter would look great autographed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I would love to get it autographed, but I think it would be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the Kouz. Do you like how I made an Athletics card with him pictured in a Padres uni. I figured that's what Upper Deck would have done anyway ;)

    That Jeter would look great autographed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chuckled at it and had the same thought you did. I found it to be authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to the game, but churning them out like mad!

    http://csdscustomcards.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might want to check out Chemgod's Custom Card Blog.
    http://customcard.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was my pleasure making it for you, and I'm glad you're enjoying it! If you EVER happen to get it signed, please show off the results!

    ReplyDelete