window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Hi Hater

May 11, 2010

Hi Hater

Clearly if it's not Allen & Ginter most of you crush everything else released to dust and hate it. I said most, not all, before you all get ready to rumble. I happened to have liked the Topps 206 set, probably because the retail odds were so great for some reason.

A few months back Peter from Dropped Third Strike showed me a Phil Hughes redemption that he won on eBay and for a decent price. I dabble here and there with Hughes cards when I find ones I like, and I liked the autos from this set so I picked up one for myself for somewhere around $8 bucks I believe. Not a bad purchase in retrospect because his cards have shot up in price, and it's on card annnnddddddddddddd it is now in my hand.



I love it. "Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhheesss"

8 comments:

  1. In an amazing coincidence I got this e-mail from Topps earlier this morning:

    Dear Consumer.

    This email is to inform you that the Topps Company is currently beyond the 15 week processing time allocated for the following redemption card:

    PIN #: Product: Card/Player Name
    TTS4GQJZ83 T-206
    Phil Hughes Framed Autograph

    heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same e-mail. I am hoping I get another one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same email regarding an Elvis Andrus redemption today.

    I got the card a few days ago in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to do a write up on card hate... Maybe tomorrow. While we all have our dislikes, some people are just ANGRY with releases (and hypocritical when it comes to design likes/dislikes).

    Anyhoo, I liked 206 too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here card came a few days ago email comes today crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate it :P

    But only because it's a Yankee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. damn yankees.

    nice card though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card!

    Actually, I don't hate much of anything card makers produce in Hobbyland. Do I have opinions on what I think are overly expedient or lazy design or production choices? Sure.

    Will that stop me from wanting to buy new wax to open? Certainly not, I am willing to admit.

    However, it often does have an effect upon whether I buy more of a particular product.

    ReplyDelete