window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: My best poker pull

May 29, 2010

My best poker pull

For those of you who do not know, I'm a big poker fan. I love the game, everything about it. The strategy, the psychology and even the luck involved.

Beckett is holding a contest to win a 2010 Razor Poker hobby box and I want to win it. I've been staring at these hobby boxes since they have come and haven't pulled the trigger (I got a birthday coming up if anyone wants to get me something!).

These contest is to simply state your best pull with a picture of yourself holding it. Here's my favorite pull:


It's a Phil Gordon auto from 2006 Razor Poker.

I like Phil Gordon a lot, though he can be a bit cranky at times. What I enjoy about him as a player is the way he thinks about the game. I've spent a lot of time listening to his audio book (The Little Blue Book after I bought The Little Green Book - or maybe it was the other way around).

I bought the audio book in Cleveland while I was working, so I had something to listen to on the drive back to NJ about 4-5 years ago.

Poker also holds a special place in my heart because it's how I met the boyfriend. We ended up on the same game at the Taj Mahal over four glorious years ago. The Taj Mahal is good for something.

I pulled some other autos such Men "The Master" Nguyen and Erik Seidel, but I like the Gordon best.

5 comments:

  1. There is a card of some guy ruining the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil is a math guy.... i like that, can relate to it.

    as much as it is playing the person across the table, you need to know your math.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Math is idiotic."

    -Barry Greenstein

    Oh, and I thought I was the only one that owned a Razor Poker auto. I have a SP John Juanda from that year. I'd love to add a Johnny Chan if I could get it cheap enough...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I thought the same thing about math being idiotic. I like High Stakes Poker a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooz is so hot, she needs two air conditioners. Seriously though, I know nothing about poker. It's fun to play,but I could never watch it on TV.

    ReplyDelete