window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Contest: Comments for a Cabinet Card

May 4, 2010

Contest: Comments for a Cabinet Card



As some of you may have seen (you should have alllllll read the blog that day), I was given a 2010 National Chicle Cabinet Card from my local card shop (The Baseball Card Store). We thought it would be a nice prize for a lucky reader.

The way you can win the 2010 National Chicle Cabinet Card is simply by leaving comments on the blog. Please do not spam comments and leave a kajillion a day, you're just going to annoy us =). Feel free to comment on multiple blogs for more than one entry, but don't leave one sentence at a time all day and night.

We will run the contest from now until this time Tuesday May 11th. So talk to us, get to know us... we're generally nice. Most of the time...

14 comments:

  1. I'm not a big comment person, usually I just read the blogs without commenting, but the cabinet cards are pretty cool so I should take a crack at winning won.

    I really like the non-sp cards of the Babe and Campy. They look so much better than the contrived sp versions. The black and white cabinet cards are pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice looking card, I hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Chicle, although who knows if I will ever see it in person. But what ever happened to the good photo big gloss, etc baseball card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Generally nice, yes. If someone starts badmouthing Pujols, Jeter, Kouz, etc..., then the claws are likely to come out a bit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still don't know how I feel about Chicle. I think I like it... or at least I think I want to like it... but is it just because nothing else is out? It has an incredible "more of the same" vibe to it. I love artists rendition cards as much as the next person, but one per company seems to be plenty. But this, Ginter, AND the 206 line? A bit much.

    I'll stick with junk wax and relics for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom taught me to be wary of nice girls bearing gifts.

    But I'll enter anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was the card the best out of all that you pulled. I like the black and white simplicisty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen a lot of Chicle cards on various blogs. Most of them are somewhat hideous...this one is not. I think it's the whole black and white thing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I'll enter your contest if you enter mine which starts Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will most certainly leave a comment, as it will probably be the only way I could get a cabinet card as I have no hobby shops anywhere near me. Keep up the good work on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Night Owl's mom told me the same thing too. Thanks for sharing the wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to get my hands on some Chicle...payday can't come any quicker. I'm a huge sucker for the old skool sytle cards & especially painted sets. I may even try to build the cabinet card set because it would look very sick hung up on a wall...like art

    BTW...I really enjoy reading your blog & I especially like the fact that you are both women (major props) & secondly....YANKEE FANS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't mind comments where people suck up to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought some packs at the local card shop and some more on eBay. I'm generally in favor of the Chicle cards. Way better than the Topps 206 horror fest of last year.

    ReplyDelete