window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2010 Bowman retail binge - Part 1

May 31, 2010

2010 Bowman retail binge - Part 1

Yep, this is in parts.

Since, I couldn't sleep because I'm sick, I decided to head to Target just as it was opening to get some medicine. As a bonus, I found a 2010 Bowman retail box. Packs are $2.99 for 10 cards. Two chrome in each pack. Odds have refractors at 1:32 and purple refractors at 1:8.
Here is the back of the pack to see the rest of the odds.




On my first trip, I bought seven packs.

Here's what I got.

Pack 1
Chris Coghlan
Michael Brantley RC
Jose Lopez
CHROME - Chase D'Arnaud
CHROME - Daniel Nava
Kevin Youklis/Lars Anderson - Bowman Expectations
AJ Pollock - Topps 100
Rashun Dixon
Adam Wilk
Kendry Morales - Gold

Pack 2
Kevin Millwood
Ruben Tejada RC
Clayton Kershaw
Magglio Ordonez
CHROME PURPLE REFRACTOR - Wilmer Font /999

CHROME - Jake Kahaulelio
Slade Heathcott  - Topps 100
Donavan Tate
Anthony Gose
Pablo Sandoval - Gold


Pack 3
James Shields
Freddy Sanchez
Billy Butler
Paul Maholm
CHROME - Gustavo Nunez
CHROME - Kevin Gausman USA baseball
Ryan Howard - throwbacks
Joseph Cruz
Tommy Mendonca
Justin Upton - Gold

Pack 4
Mike Leake RC

Miguel Montero
Kyle Blanks
CHROME - Jean Segura
CHROME - Carson Blair
Justin Morneau/Christopher Parmelee - Bowman Expectations

Prince Fielder - throwbacks
Yowill Espinal
David Lough
Alexei Ramirez - Gold

Pack 5
Dexter Fowler
John Lackey
Todd Helton
Elvis Andrus
CHROME- J.R. Murphy
CHROME - Felix Doubront
Vladimir Guerrero - throwbacks
CJ Retherford
Yen-Wen Kuo
Troy Tulowitzki - Gold

Pack 6
Tyler Flowers RC

Jose Reyes
Rajai Davis
Michael Bourn
CHROME - Sheng An Kuo
CHROME - Gerrit Cole USA baseball

Jimmy Rollins - throwbacks

Rex Brothers
Domingo Santana
Scott Rolen - Gold

Pack 7
Tommy Manzella RC
Torii Hunter
Josh Thole RC
Michael Cuddyer
CHROME - Byron Wiley
CHROME - Sebastian Valle
Max Stassi - Topps 100
Patrick Schuster
Jon Gaston
Joey Votto - Gold


Click Here

12 comments:

  1. I hope this is a sign that my Target will have some. I need some, uh, laundry detergent...

    *pours laundry detergent down the drain*

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! IN YOUR EXCITEMENT OF PULLING A Kendry Morales GOLD CARD PLEASE BE CAREFUL IN YOUR CELEBRATION DANCE. IF YOU DROP THE CARD IT MAY BREAK OR YOU MAY BECOME INJURED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt so bad for Kendry when I looked at that card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's no binge! My wife sent me out for toothpaste Saturday and two and half hours later I'd visited 3 Targets and purchased 2 blasters and 5 jumbo racks but forgot the toothpaste. So I went to a fourth Target and bought 3 single packs. I haven't done anything like that since '89 Upper Deck was released.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Call me crazy, but it seems that '10 Bowman might be a better buy in retail than hobby, especially if all you're going for are base and chromes. I suppose autograph odds are slight less, but the packs are $2 cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent about $65 and got a blue refractor, 3 purples, 2 blue parallels, an orange parallel "Starlin Castro" two Strasburg's "T100 and Expectations", Ike Davis, Mike Stanton, Buster Posey T100 or Expectations, and Jeter, Puljos, Cano and Heyward base cards. I'm very happy and don't think I'd done as well with hobby box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. handcollated - I laughed when I read your comment. I could picture pouring detergent down the drain.

    You got some nice pulls there, Tony. Anything other than a purple refractor seems pretty difficult to pull.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you didn't pull the Strasburg purple. Bummer. ;)

    I hope this brings Bowman 2010 back into the auction site. I've noticed quite a drying up of the h/c sets I'm interested in trying to win for my PC (or prices for finished auctions have skyrocketed about $30 in the last week).

    I can't wait for the hyped prospect to get about 5-10 major league starts under his belt so the current 2010 Bowman craziness ends and prices on h/c sets returns to typical Bowman levels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pulled a Purple Refractor Stephen Strasburg in a Jumbo Pack from Wal-Mart! Anybody know how much it is worth?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks. I here people are out everywhere trying to find Bowman's. Down here where i from where card collecting is not a big deal, their are lots of packs and boxes stored on the shelves. Looks like nobody but me has evened touched them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tony and Sooz: Looks like u both got really good pulls. Im inpressed. I havnt got any big pulls besides Stras. I did pull a Jameson Taillon USA 1st Bowman RC. I think if i pulled a Stanton, Heyward, and a Bryce Harper, that would be all i would ask for.

    ReplyDelete