window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Mail Day #5 - Robbie Cano Don't Ya Know?

January 15, 2009

Mail Day #5 - Robbie Cano Don't Ya Know?


Here is yesterdays final bubble mailer. Definitely adds some more spice to my collection, and at a low price which is of course the best part. It is a 2006 Topps Triple Threads Robinson Cano dual game used autograph. I like this card because the center piece of the card is like an odd button type of deal, and more so because I don't have it. The card itself is a nice design, and not typical to what I already have. It's funny because tomorrow at the card show any Cano autograph will be at least $30-$40 bucks because of where we are, meanwhile I get triple relic autos on eBay for way less all the time.

P.S. Stay tuned for the blog of the week because it will be all about trades coming in and what went out (if I can even remember what I sent where). I have a ton of new cards here, and all of them are from trades and have come in yesterday and today.

EDIT: For those of you who don't know or have never heard the "voice" of the Yankees John Sterling, he has a way with words to say the least and comes up with all these corny sayings when players get big hits. When Cano does something big he yells, "Robbie Cano, don't ya know!"

11 comments:

  1. Makes me wonder what kind of colorful phrase he'll come up with for Teixeira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card. I think that Cano is going to have a bounce-back year for the Yankees.

    John Sterling one of the most annoying announcers in sports. It pains me when the Rays are playing in New York, and I have to listen to Sterling on my drive home from work on XM radio. He's just a fan cheering for the Yankees, and he knows almost nothing about the other teams, consistently mispronouncing their names. I don't think he could say "Akinori Iwamura" properly if his life depended on it. The only good thing about Sterling is that when the Rays beat the Yankees, I get to yell out "Yankees lose ... THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Yankees lose!" and that's a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see you pronounce Akinori Iwamura properly after drinking a bottle of Jack before a game.

    Not so easy now, is it?

    ;)

    The Yankee announcers as a whole are annoying. From TV to radio. God Bless Phil Rizzuto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I am impressed to hear a Yankees fan say that, Sooz. But Ken Singleton isn't that bad, in my opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Singleton is probably my favorite of all the broadcasters. I don't care for Michael Kay. It's like listening to someone who hates the Yankees call a Yankee game. He's not a lot of fun.

    Paul O'Neill is a little dry.

    I don't get the YES Network where I live, so I don't hear the Yankee broadcasts often. I have to listen to Sterling and Waldman when in the car and half the time neither one knows what's going on.

    I'm used to hearing Harry Kalas these days, but he's getting up there and his eyesight isn't what it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phil Rizzuto was one of my favorites as a kid, and Michael Kay can eat it. He's annoying and he's also doofy in person.

    As far as the Rays beating the Yankees, they usually do so you probably get to yell that fairly often throughout the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. By the end of most games, Sterling can't find his score card, much less know what happened when just from memory alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What, no Susan Waldman jokes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am the last person you want to get started on how much I HATE her. I want to meet her just so I can rip her voice box out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzyn Waldman: OH MY GOD, THERE'S ROGER CLEMENS, AND HE'S IN GEORGE STEINBRENNER'S BOX, ROGER CLEMENS IS COMING BACK TO THE YANKEES - THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a long-time Yankee fan. The best trio was Messer, White, and Rizzuto.

    I think Bill White was one of the most underated broadcasters that the Yankees ever had.

    Rizzuto was, well, Rizzuto was Rizzuto. Everybody needs some comic relief. Rizzuto used to mark his scorecard "WW" = Wasn't watching.

    Frank Messer always struck me as an old school, very formal gentleman. A class act.

    Today's crop, only Singleton is tolerable, although Flahrety and Cone aren't too bad.

    ReplyDelete