window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Is this necessary?

January 27, 2009

Is this necessary?

I know we already talked about the first guy to complete the YSL set, but did we know he was getting his own baseball card because of it? I saw this on a press release today and shook my head.

Upper Deck has recognized Baxter's feat by producing a special "Historic First" insert card of Tommy and his YSL cards that will be part of the company's fast-approaching 2009 Upper Deck Series 1 Baseball release. The product is scheduled to reach store shelves on Feb. 3, 2009.

Catch a picture of our boy here.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. That dude looks... creepy. He looks like the type of guy I'd buy a used Hustler from.





    ...not that I'm into buying used Hustlers. *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised they would dedicate a card to the first to complete YSL. At least it is a card related to collecting baseball cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing that there are now Sarah Palin, Barack Obama, John McCain, all the strange people to be included in Allen and Ginter, I am not surprised to see this guy with his own card. Just surprised at how creepy Upper Deck can make a fellow. Or does he do that on his own. I wonder what that set is worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me. Isn't Allen & Ginter supposed to have a card made of the first person to crack the code from the '08 set?

    ReplyDelete