window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Topps Red Hot Rookie Delay

January 11, 2009

Topps Red Hot Rookie Delay

Today I received the following e-mail from Topps, twice actually for two cards I redeemed many, many moons ago.

Dear Consumer.

This email is to inform you that the Topps Company is currently experiencing a delay in processing the following redemption card: Red Hot Rookie #11


There was also a pin # and code.

Really? This was supposed to ship according to the cards by the first week of November. November of what year? The letter should have read:

Dear Consumer.

This e-mail is to inform you that you are just another sucker who spent money on the most boring product of Topps 2008 line. Thanks for your donation, you will get your final crappy card when we are good and ready to send it out.


Now if I could respond to this, some of the hair on the back of your necks might stand with the profanity that would be in that response.

I did luck out with Card #11, and I have no idea who #14 is but I am supposed to get that dude also. Here is the final checklist if anyone is interested in what they may or may not ever see from Topps.

2008 Topps Red Hot Rookie Redemption Checklist:


# 1 Jay Bruce, Cincinnati Reds / Autographed
# 2 Justin Masterson, Boston Red Sox
# 3 John Bowker, San Francisco Giants
# 4 Kosuke Fukudome, Chicago Cubs
# 5 Mike Aviles, Kansas City Royals
# 6 Chris Davis, Texas Rangers
# 7 Chris Volsatd, Florida Marlins
# 8 Jeff Samardzija, Chicago Cubs
# 9 Brad Ziegler, Oakland A’s
# 10 Gio Gonzalez, Oakland A’s
# 11 Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
# 12 Daniel Murphy, New York Mets
# 13 Chris Dickerson, Cincinnati Reds
# 14 Pablo Sandoval, San Francisco Giants
# 15 Nick Evans, New York Mets
# 16 Clayton Richard, Chicago White Sox
# 17 Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay Rays
# 18 Taylor Teagraden, Texas Rangers
# 19 Collin Balester, Washington Nationals
# 20 Lou Montanez, Baltimore Orioles

7 comments:

  1. I pulled a redemption for Mike Aviles. I have received neither the card nor the e-mail. In fact, I haven't received any redemptions from anyone. Ever. *grumble grumble*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm still waiting for #17, the Evan Longoria auto. The Topps redemption site says that I'll get it sometime this spring. I redeemed it on 9/30/08.

    I can sorta understand the delay for the autographed cards. But the fact that they haven't shipped the non-autographed cards yet is inexcusable.

    And the same problem exists for the Topps Finest rookie redemptions, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well kudos to you for pulling the Kershaw (#11). He has one of the nastiest breaking pitch in the majors. It even has a name, "Public Enemy No. 1". If he learns to throw it consistently he might have a brilliant future. As for Pablo Sandoval (#14), I would have pinned him as the Giant's catcher of the future and beyond, but with this weekend's announcement that Bustre Posey will be invited to Spring Training, that's not good for Pablo, if Posey makes the team out of training camp, then Sandoval will be traded. He's too good to be riding the pine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pablo Sandoval is actually a top hitter for the Giants and he's starting the year in the lineup penciled in as the 1st/3rd baseman. He can also play catcher. He mainly hits for average. In 41 games last year, he hit .345. I would gladly trade you if you want someone to take him off your hands! Great blog btw, I wrote an entry about your blog the other day in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clearly my prospecting knowledge could use some work, lol. I usually only follow Yankees prospects and some others I read about in the Prospectus.

    By the way my redemptions were redeemed online on June 15, 2008. Way to go Topps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had a Topps Redemption card for the past 2-3 years. It was good till 2010. So I said what the hell and put it in. It was the #1 pick for 2008. I just found out it is the Jay Bruce auto. I'm hoping to get it. The Topps site said the card would ship 8/19/2009. As long as I get that card I will be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got 25 of these redemption cards, since I'm the sap trying to build the set. The non-auto cards are to arrive any day now, but not the auto'ed (for me just Longoria). I'm not surprised by Topps delay at all though.

    (If anybody is getting rid of #'s 1,4,8,9,17 when they come, contact me)

    ReplyDelete