window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter hobby box break

July 1, 2010

2010 Topps Allen & Ginter hobby box break

I went over to the hobby shop yesterday because I got an e-mail saying the shipment of 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter was due in at 3pm via UPS. For someone that hates this product, I don't know why I drove there or why I wanted it. I will admit I had fun opening it and that it wasn't all that bad. There were two packs in the box that had two mini cards, with a total of 9 cards in each pack, which was fun for me.

I didn't end up with any base doubles which always makes me happy with a box break. Could I do without the random non-sports cards? Absolutely. Since I don't build sets, I will end up trading those and many others to people who need them. My want list from this set won't be very long. No one can say I didn't give it a try this year =)

Here are the contents of my one and only box of this:
(SPOILER: I didn't pull a Strasbug.)
(WHAT I AM THINKING: I am sick of his name.)

Things for my PC: (Pretty certain Andy Pettitte is the same picture from 2009)



Short Prints



Monsters of the Mesozoic


Lords of Olympus


World's Wordsmiths (If Sooz does want to complete the set despite it being a sausage party set, she gets first crack at this one.)


National Animals


Sailors of the Seven Seas (This card is cool because I live about 4 inches from the Hudson River.)

A&G back mini's


Regular mini


Black border mini




Rookies



The GU hits





This Day in History




Baseball Sketches (I only know one person who would want the Daniel Murphy card, and she may end up with it.)


N43 Box Topper (Hooray for a guy I actually like, and have liked before he was a Yankee.)

I have no clue what the Gint-A-Cuffs thing is about, and I am too lazy to find out. If I have something that would get me something cool in whatever that is, I am sure someone will let me know.

Overall, I had fun with opening this box but I don't see any more of this product in my future other than trading for singles I need or picking up singles on eBay.

If I were forced to give this set a grade based on my opinion of this box (I don't like the fact that I got all relics and I prefer more colorful backgrounds.), I would probably say a B-.



Click Here

3 comments:

  1. Any chance those Theriot cards could make their way north of the border?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey is the Tulo game used for trade? Please lmk, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://gintacuffs.blogspot.com

    Participant entry deadline was June 30, 2010.

    ReplyDelete