window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Anyone else think about this?

July 23, 2010

Anyone else think about this?


While I am aware that technology is not something new and has been evolving for some time now, there are still some things that I think are kind of crazy. Well, I am really speaking of Twitter in this situation.

Here are my thoughts. If you had told me as a kid trading cards with my friend that I could talk to someone that works for Topps and tell them what I think, you probably would have been the coolest person on the planet. I wish that there were more kids into the hobby than adults because they have no idea all the cool advantages they have to collecting now.

I know 90% of you hate Beckett or think whatever of Chris Olds, but he is a very nice guy if you can get your head out of your ass about his employer. If one of my blogger friends worked for the Red Sox, I would still talk to them. Just sayin'. But, my point here is imagine being a kid and reading Beckett every month (like I used to do religiously) to find out the latest news because there was no internet and no blogs only to find out that you could actually talk to the guy who writes the stuff in there. Holy smokes! These are the things that would have made my head spin as a kid growing up.

I know this is a goofy topic, but have you ever thought about how cool all this stuff would have been when you were younger?

I think about weird things all the time, this is just one of many off the wall topics.

6 comments:

  1. In the "microwave culture" that we live in we are less thankful for what we have because we have come to expect what we have.
    We expect someone to "solve our problem NOW" because the ability to do so is available.
    I work in IT and am continually blown away by the advances being made. However, I am also routinely saddened and disappointed at the lowest-common-denominator applications which we end up utilizing these technologies.

    In the end, it is what it is and the struggle is to try and steer the ship roughly in the direction we would like to head.

    Great discussion topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the main problem is that things like twitter are aimed at kids, or at least the 18 and younger crowd. But the hobby left kids a long time ago. It's kinda forcing two different things together. And it will work, for awhile, but not over the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. When I was a kid, talking to Topps was never a thought in my head. I just wanted to know when I could get to the store again to buy more cards. That was it. Oh, and that some of the players on the cards looked really goofy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never thought about talking to these people but.... if someone said hey why not tell the man at Topps that your pack was damaged inside orrrr that it was missing a card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dick Perez is trying to friend me on Facebook.

    Yes, that Dick Perez.

    I have not logged into Facebook for at least 5 months and I have no intentions of doing so* anytime soon.

    The 11 year old kid that lives inside me is apoplectic because Diamond King Dick Perez wants to be my friend but I'm too stubborn and lazy to go on a computer that is all souped up like something out of Star Trek to be his friend! Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?? says that kid. I agree with the kid, but I still ain't going on Facebook.

    *My wife has actually de-friended me because I'm boring and don't log into Facebook ever. I really should be worried by this but I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree....I think if someone told me I could talk to someone at Topps when I was a kid, I'd ask them 'why do I get more Yankees cards in my pack when I live in the Detroit area?' No offense to the Yankees fans, I just wanted cards of the Tigers! I also read Beckett back in the day. In fact, I still have a bunch of them in my basement.

    I think we all think of weird stuff, I know I do....like....who invented liquid soap and why??!?!

    ReplyDelete