window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2008 Sweet Spot Hobby Box Break

December 27, 2008

2008 Sweet Spot Hobby Box Break

I was dying to break this one so I took care of my curiosity tonight after I got home from work. Here is the break:

Pack One:

- Upton
- Hernandez
- Verlander

- Sweet Swatch Memorabilia Felix Hernandez

- Bay
- Zambrano
- Pudge (Yankees uniform)
- Kubek YSL

Pack Two:
- Young
- Beltran
- Ichiro
- Sweet Swatch Dual Memorabilia Hafner & Morneau


- Griffey Jr.

- Cano

- Smoltz
- Berra YSL

Pack Three:

- Rios
- Hoffman
- Wright
- Sweet Beginnings Brian Bixler Auto 185/699 (ok really, not happy)


- Santana
- Harden
- Pena
- Howard YSL

Pack Four:

- Phillips
- Sheffield
- Milledge
- Sweet Swatch Memorabilia Nick Markakis


- Albert Pujols (amazing, I get his card yet did not need it)


- Hunter
- Uggla
- Maris YSL

Pack Five:

- Gordon
- Hafner
- Ortiz
- Sweet Swatch Memorabilia Miguel Cabrera


- Thome
- Blanton
- Fielder
- Skowron YSL

Pack Six:

- Haren
- Mauer
- Lowell
- Phillips (yay, two of these.)
- Sweet Spot Signatures Bob Gibson 062/250


- Butler
- Sanchez
- Berkman
- Skowron YSL


Overall, this was fun but... don't know if I'm happy with what I got out of it. The Bixler auto, I couldn't care less about having or pulling. The Gibson auto is pretty sweet, and I'm just glad I didn't end up with some scrub player. You do get a lot of base cards in the hobby box which for the money is nice. And you can not go wrong with a Hall of Famer autograph, I am pleased with that.

5 comments:

  1. That Gibson is nice, but I can take or leave the others. The jersey cards are "artifacts" like. Single color and printed by the pallet. There is a gibson on ebay right now, Auction: 230316237579. It will be interesting to see what it goes for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gibson is very nice. But do the other cards seem bland?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah they were a little on the bland side, but it was a lot of fun to open. I usually don't buy high end stuff like this, and the only other time I did was Bowman's Best. I had fun, and the Gibson made the box worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Cabrera. They are still using photos of him when he looked like a blimp.

    Nice break, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad if you're a Cards fan like myself. I don't think I could ever convince myself to spend the money on high-end stuff, though.

    ReplyDelete