window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Yankee Stadium Legacy - The Curse and The Quest

December 29, 2008

Yankee Stadium Legacy - The Curse and The Quest


While I love this set, it is very time consuming. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes to log in about 90 new cards. Thanks to Eric from the Pettitte Pursuit, Sooz, and my mom putting some in my stocking for help in getting me all the way to.....

Drumroll please....

725 total cards!

What I would really love to get from this set are the first few cards, especially Game #1. Eventually I want to put these somewhere nice than the cardboard box they are in, but if I do ever complete this, that will take up a lot of binders and space. Not going to worry about that now because I am too happy to have finally surpassed 10% complete.

While I am not a set builder, I decide to build the largest set ever. Great job by me, right? In my defense, I do think this was one of the best ideas for Yankees fans, and baseball card collectors despite my hatred of the anti-Yankee Stadium Legacy produced for QVC.

If anyone has any for trade, by all means e-mail me.

5 comments:

  1. I bought card #1 off ebay a couple of months ago for less than $50. Those Babe Ruth cards are a pain in the butt to find. I have 239 cards total. I hope to at least collect all the Mattingly cards but I'll be shooting to collect the whole set at some point in my lifetime. I'll check to see what doubles I have and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I know I have one Mattingly double somewhere, and a couple of other players if you want to trade them. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have game #995 Lou Gehrig if you need it. I will gladly trade it for some cards off my want lists.
    jeffwolfe2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do need that game. I will e-mail you shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your progress. Don't forget about Sportlots for some singles. Maybe you can find a seller with several so you can save on shipping.

    ReplyDelete