window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Choo Choo...

February 14, 2011

Choo Choo...

Suzy likes to send me eBay links of things from time to time of either cool cards, or ridiculous ones that are funny or overpriced, etc. This particular time was no exception. Now, I will admit I had no knowledge of these cards prior because I have been studying the last few days and not really paying attention to cardboard.

Apparently 2011 Topps included not only the regular Leather Name Plate cards, but also nickname versions that are serial numbered 1/1. First I will run down the list of current auctions in case you want to bid on one of these.

We will start with my personal favorite.

- Shin-Soo Choo who may have never even heard of that gum.

- Ryan Howard

- Ichiro

- Trevor Cahill

A couple of the completed cards went for crazy money.

- Tim Lincecum

- Roy Halladay

So if there is a card of your favorite player or the player you have as your PC will you chase it? I can tell you right now I will not be hunting down an "El Hombre" pleather card.

4 comments:

  1. What if it says Prince Albert?

    I don't think I'll be chasing a "Captain" card for Jeter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the seller for the freak got lucky as hell or what? It went for a ton more than Doc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think there there is a "Jeets"?
    What would that go for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I saw one that said "Tex", I might bid on it, but give myself a hardline limit of what I'd be willing to pay.

    ReplyDelete