window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: My first Derek Jeter purchase of 2011

February 6, 2011

My first Derek Jeter purchase of 2011

As a player collector, even when I don't particularly love a card I need to have it anyway just because it of my guy.

At times, I have blindly bought a card just because it was of the player I collect.

This case is slightly different. I looked at the card. Decided I didn't like it for my own principles of not liking manufactured patch cards – and bought it anyway.




Why?

Because it says JETER.

Jeter has several new cards in 2011 Topps Series 1. None of them warm my heart very much, but what kind of player collector would I be if I did at least try to own some of his cards.

Here's a look at some of his news cards from 2011.

2011 Topps Series 1 jersey
2011 Topps Series 1 black nameplate
2011 Topps Series 1 diamond sparkle

Which card should I go after next? (I would actually love it if I could trade for these instead)

Right now from 2011, I have a base card and the brown nameplate.

REMINDER: Still looking for people to get in on our Gypsy Queen. Check out this post for more details.

3 comments:

  1. Sooz, do you have the regular Jeter sparkle card (not the diamond SP one)? If not, I've got one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad there isn't a Mattingly glove card in this one. I think they dropped the ball on those cards. I was expecting it to have a facsimile auto like the bat cards from updates and highlights. Those would've been golden for Topps. Not sure why they went this route.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't looked at the checklist yet. I am not looking forward to chasing all the Teixeira cards from this set.

    ReplyDelete