window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2011 ERROR Leather Name Plate Card

February 8, 2011

2011 ERROR Leather Name Plate Card

As some of you may recall we pulled a Jason Heyward Leather Name Plates card from our case of 2011 Topps Series 1 the other day. Honestly, when I open the cases I show the cards up close on the camera for the people who own the teams to look at and I barely give them a once over. My looking at the hits goes as far as making sure they are not damaged, and saying what I think of signatures, textures, etc.



Now, I have learned I should probably pay more attention to the cards so that I can shout it out when there is a huge mistake on one of the cards. Colbey, the owner of the team had left a comment telling me of the mistake and when I looked I was kind of shocked considering Heyward was the poster child for 2010 Bowman Sterling I know Topps can spell his name correctly. In case the scan isn't clear enough, they spelled his name "Jayson" instead of "Jason".

I don't believe this was an intentional error by any means, so I kinda think this is a cool card for the Braves collector or Jason Heyward collector.

As of right now, this card is the only one on eBay of Heyward listed as an "Error" card.

On that note, there is also one other error card worth noting on eBay. I can see how the mistake was made, the players look alike....

4 comments:

  1. While mistakes suck, they happen because people are behind it.

    When I make a mistake in the newspaper, it makes me feel sick about the error whether it's a typo, a name or anything. I proofread my work, others proofread and still mistakes happen because we're all human.

    No one feels worse about a mistake than I do when it happens either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this was intentional, but I think it's kind of cool. I would like an error card of someone I collect.

    Actually I would like the Billy Ripken "error" card. Now that is an awesome error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that Sabathia/Stanton one is hilarious for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't bother me that his name is misspelled and I understand the human factor. I'm just surprised this slipped by Topps.

    ReplyDelete