window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Oh Target how I have missed ye

March 13, 2009

Oh Target how I have missed ye



After all my complaining about Target, today I want to commend them for finally getting in my favorite blasters thus far, 2009 Topps Heritage. I swore this would be my first blaster of 2009, and I was not lying. I have this perfect little box sitting on my printer just wanting to be opened up. I went to Target with a friend today before we went to lunch and I was practically giddy knowing that I was going to buy one on the way out. When we left, I made her pick the box since I usually pick a crummy one I figured I would try her luck. We'll see how that goes later.

Now let's rewind to yesterday.... I picked up some loose packs in a different Target, despite counting the two retail boxes and noting one pack missing from each. Ahh, pack searching, how I hate you and your micrometer. Since I think the game used cards in this set suck anyway, I bought some packs just to try for a Pujols refractor or some Mayo cards. 8 packs yielded one Mayo card of Hanley Ramirez, and 2 SP's- Nick Swisher and Shane Victorino. I didn't scan them because you know what the cards look like by now.

Here is where I repeat why I love blasters and would sooner buy a blaster if they are available rather than buy just a few packs loose. I don't expect much out of retail even if it isn't searched already, but once it's been searched you know you really have no chance of anything. Yes, with the blasters you may be spending a bit more than if you just grabbed 2 or 3 packs, but you get the piece of mind that you are paying for packs that a micrometer has not touched.

Target also had Topps Series 1 blasters today, which I think were the retro ones, but I didn't have the code with me so I left those on the shelf. I have that code if anyone needs it, it's above the bar code 1-825-50-12-9. Call me crazy, but I want to go back and I haven't even opened the box yet.

13 comments:

  1. I'm not commending Target for anything until they get ANY (yes, that's right ANY), Topps 2009 blasters in my neighborhood. It's ridiculous. Wal-Marts are the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not gonna lie, my Targets here have sucked for the last 3 months on getting in new products. Today was the only the second time I have found something fun, and the first blaster I have bought there. They have barely had any 2009 blasters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a blue spectrum Jeter today, numbered 23/25 does one of you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of us would like it. What would you like from one of us?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Target has both 09 UD and 09 Topps blasters, as well as 09 Spectrum blasters. No Heritage blasters yet, but I suspect those'll be there come Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet. No Heritage yet here in the hinterlands.

    Packsearchers and their Tools, errgh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool. I finally found my first loose packs of Heritage. I didn't care if they were searched (which they clearly were), I bought 8 just to experience the set! Can't wait for the blasters to show up near me too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear the Heritage blasters are finally starting to hit the shelves. Maybe now I can finally get my BoBuBingo game going.

    Incidentally, if you pulled any Twins, let me know if I can trade for them.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking for the Eisenhower short print from Heritage, yes President Eisenhower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty sure I have some Twins for you crackin wax.

    Rod, no luck on that card here. I only have 6 SP's and sadly he's isn't one of them. If I come across it, you will be the first to know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where should I send the Jeter? email me at padrographs@live.com When you get the Eisenhower you can send it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only are they unsearched, I always like the blasters to avoid the cringe I got when the cashier tosses my loose packs into the bag after scanning. At least the blaster packs are secured.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marie,

    Coolio, foolio. What can I send you for those Twins? You can e-mail me at topher {AT} designyouridentity [DOT] com

    Thanks a kabunches!

    ReplyDelete