window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: eBay mailday - Adam Lind auto

March 18, 2009

eBay mailday - Adam Lind auto


Hi, my name is Marie and I am addicted to cardboard. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Though I have no idea what the second step is, I am pretty sure it involves fixing that problem. Clearly, I have no intention of fixing my addiction.

I picked up this card sometime last week on eBay for a whole $1.74 which is well worth it to me. It is a 2007 Topps Co-Signers dual autograph of Adam Lind and Delwyn Young.

Oddly enough today I was browsing on eBay and saw a 2007 Masterpieces auto of Lind that I really wanted because it is on card, however the bidding got to $3.50 and for some reason I find that kind of ridiculous. I understand in the scheme of things that $3.50 is not alot of money to spend on an autograph, and of a person who I collect. The problem here is that I am just not really sure if I think he is worth $3.50 for one card. Maybe I am crazy. Don't say it.

Some people think he could have a break out year this year, but I will wait to see it with my own eyes before believing speculation. My whole reason for starting this in the first place is based on speculation, and the fact that I could scoop up cards at a cheap price. Then again compared to Pujols anything is a cheap price. We'll see what happens.

5 comments:

  1. try collecting Adam LaRoche... it seems that the collecting world has put him alongside Albert in terms of value.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have passed on that one too. Theres no rush you can probably find another one for less before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, not to go off-topic but that Hughes is all yours if you send an SASE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mario!!! I just send you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As they say, something is only worth what someone else will pay! Only pay what YOU think you should pay. :-)

    ReplyDelete