window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: My Current OCD

March 1, 2009

My Current OCD

I am addicted to eBay, have been for many years and I can freely admit this. How can anyone not like eBay? Yes, there are the occasional sellers out there with the outrageous shipping charges, horrendous packaging of products, and terrible customer service. But you have to admit, the good outweighs the bad in this instance.

I find myself not daily, but more like 10 times a day searching for "2009 Pujols", and "Yankee Stadium Legacy". For one week there have been a little less than 2 complete pages of Pujols cards on eBay with my setting of 100 per page. Yankee Stadium Legacy is insanely overpopulated, yet the prices are still holding strong.

I am currently holding at 934 cards, with 16 that need to be sent back to Upper Deck because they were obtained in a trade that the trader said they came damaged out of the pack. Upper Deck's website claims 4-6 week turnaround on replacement cards. I will keep track of that once or if I send them out. Sooz, who is the best, picked up about 30 cards for me a little while ago at the Backstop, and Chris from Stale Gum also gave me some cards from his box break that day. Those cards are not included in my total yet.

Sometimes I wonder if all the effort, trading, and money I put into the YSL set were put into my Pujols collection how many cards would I have by now.

Right now we are awaiting some sort of "massive" snowfall which was supposed to have started by now and hasn't as of yet. I opened some packs the other day at my job that I am going to scan and show everyone soon. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. I have to keep telling myself "wait for a trade instead of blowing more money away" before I hit that dreaded bid button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting the snow now up in Boston, so I suspect you'll get it sooner or later.

    Also, I am sending your replacement cards tomorrow, as well as sending 40 (!!!) damaged YSL cards back to Upper Deck.

    I am doing a YouTube case break of 2008 UD Heroes, so hopefully that will provide some additional YSL cards. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be sweeeeeetttt!! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with getting YSL replacements.

    they'll send the damaged cards back to you along with a few packs of 2008 or 2009 UD C**P.

    ReplyDelete