window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: The best kind of Red Sox fan...

March 12, 2009

The best kind of Red Sox fan...

is one that sends me Jeter rookies. (Although Yankee fans, especially in the bleachers would have finished that another way.) I made a trade with Section 36 sending him the team set of 2009 Spectrum Red Sox (boo), and asked him to send over some earlier pre-2001 Jeter's, Mariano, or Jorge- providing they were cards Sooz already had. That was fairly easy since she has a zillion. Good news for me because I got some awesome cards today, I scanned Jeter although there were Jorge cards, and Mariano as well.

One card that came as a total shock was a 93 Topps Derek Jeter Draft Pick, I really love that he hates the Yankees. I actually don't have this card for some reason, though it is entirely possible that it is in a screwdown case since I was taught that young to place all cards that could be valuable in screwdowns or toploaders. (Ironically I hate screwdown cases, I find them annoying.)

Here are the goods from the only cool Sox fan:

1993 Topps Draft Pick


1994 Bowman


1996 Topps Stadium Club


1997 Donruss Fan Club


2001 Upper Deck Vintage


Gotta love the floating head action in this retro card. I have a similar card of the Yankees from the 2001 Fleer Tradition (probably the only 2001 box I bought back then- there was no Pujols card in there).

I also landed this cool Jeter card:

2007 Derek Jeter Retrospectrum


I like the retrospectrum idea for the Jeter subset, however it is not something I can actively pursue now with the Yankee Stadium Legacy debacle, but Sooz is trying to finish that set. I don't believe she has all of them yet, so if you have any extras let her know.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the props! I can't believe the luck that you didn't have the Jeter rook. Glad I picked it out. Thanks for the cards you've sent. They're always top notch.

    ReplyDelete