window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Sunday Question ... looking at 2011 Topps Series 1

January 30, 2011

Sunday Question ... looking at 2011 Topps Series 1

Whenever you want to see the latest cards, the best place to always go us eBay. Not Target, not your local shop, but eBay because inevitably the cards always show up there a few days early than the release date.

I was at Target today – no 2011 Topps Series 1.

But they are on eBay.

There are too many auctions up yet, but I can't help but look at the diamond parallel cards. Just look!




I think I am kind of in love with them, however, you have to see the cards in person to get a better feel of them. But, for right now I think these diamond refractors are very nice. I know it's the 60th anniversary and that is why Topps is using these cards, but I wonder if they will keep them around after this year.

Likely it depends on the success of the card, but I think they are better than xfractors. I was never a fan of xfractors because sometimes you get that terrible line running through the card.

What do you think the cards so far?
Do you think diamond parallels should stick around?


Click Here

8 comments:

  1. How funny--I just tweeted about this 20 minutes ago--looks like our eyes caught the same thing.

    I think that these cards look INCREDIBLE. Topps could keep them around--Gold cards were reintroduced for the Golden Anniversary and they lasted the decade, why not do the same with Diamond? These may be the nicest looking parallels out there, based on the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll reserve judgment until I see them in person, but I'm not a fan of the way they look in scans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this stuff wasn't coming out for two more weeks?!?

    The Diamonds look slick. They remind me of a similar parallel set Topps had in a Hockey set from the '90s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe they moved up the date to Feb. 2, or at least some time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am liking the Diamond's a lot. Looks like I'll be adding some to my Yankees PC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grabbed four rack packs last night at Target. From the pictures, I thought the cards looked OK, but holding them in my hand, I think they are easily the best Topps cards of recent vintage. The diamond parallels are beautiful. Even the ToppsTown cards look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What will they call them after this year? Diamofractors?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My local Target still hasn't put them out (boo!) so I haven't had the chance to get a hands on impression yet, but I like the way they look in the pictures I've seen.

    I believe that design used for ToppsTown was also used in the 2010 WWE product. It does look so much nicer than previous versions.

    ReplyDelete