window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Hellooooo Bryce ...

January 20, 2011

Hellooooo Bryce ...

2010 Bowman Sterling was released this week. While this is a product for high-end collectors, there was one card in particular I think that a few collectors would find interesting.

The Bryce Harper Topps  60th Anniversary autograph.


It's Topps 60th birthday this year and the company will have autographs from different players wishing them a very happy diamond anniversary seeded throughout the product this year.

The first Harper autograph has appeared on eBay.

I honestly thought it would go for more money and I figured it would have been snatched up right now.

There is one card up for auction and already past half of what the first card's asking price.

What do you think this card will sell for?

I wonder if I could get a personalized auto from a player saying Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of 8x10 autographed with players wishing me happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard for me to think one could get $1500 for an unproven player with a greeting that has 60 copies (not just a 1/1 or 1/3). I bet the card would go for $750-1000 if the seller would even accept that offer and sell the item.

    as for the personalized autos, that would be a great redemption program for Topps. Offer 3-100 autos of a stable of athletes in a redemption program where the collector can submit what they want the athlete to inscribe the auto with. The only drawback is if the inscription isn't appropriate or Topps can't get the athlete to follow through and inscribe/sign the card, what would the redemption replacement be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy of mine pulled one yesterday at the LCS. I'll update if he sells it...

    ReplyDelete