window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Sunday Question

January 9, 2011

Sunday Question

A new year means we start all over with the card releases. There will be plenty of new cards on the market this year, and there will be some old favorites returning.

Which product do you think will be the one you will fall in love with this year?

Since most of the products seem to elicit either a love or hate relationship, I'm sure you are eagerly awaiting to see one release put into a vault. Which one might that be?

My personal choice of which one I will love is probably going to be a close call between 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen and 2011 Topps Heritage. I love vintage looking sets, and I love new vintage sets, so it will be interesting to see which comes out on top.

As far as which one I could do without seeing ever again... Allen & Ginter. Hands down.

P.S. I have an e-mail out for pricing on Heritage and Gypsy Queen cases.


Click Here

11 comments:

  1. I agree with Allen & Ginter. The modern versions of the product were fine for the first year or two and then it started looking and feeling redundant.

    As far as a product I can;t wait for, I suppose that would be basic Topps.

    Truthfully though, I'm hoping not to bust much wax in 2011. Concentrating on filling some holes in my vintage rookie collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what I've seen of Gypsy Queen so far, but I'll probably end up leaning towards Heritage simply for the fact that it costs a little less. I can't overlook the base set of Topps though - I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see Gypsy Queen in my hands. I,too, like the retro sets but A&G. is getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't plan on falling in love in 2011 with any cardboard. I am a rock. I am an island.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since 95% my focus is going to be on hockey I was going to say O-Pee-Chee but that was released in December so I am going to say probably one of the In The Game releases. They always hit a home run in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to base Topps and Heritage.

    I'm sick of Bowman & all its variations, and I'm bored with Ginter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really mind the Allen and Ginter so much. What is weird are the inserts. It's like they were trying to combine sports and fantasy cards together. Not really a fan of that. Are you still thinking about doing a gypsy or heritage group break?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay I loves it: Gypsy Queen

    Die in a fire: Bowman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gypsy Queen or '11 Heritage going to be a close call for the one I prefer the most. I've always like the wood grain of the 1962 since I first laid eyes on them at a flea market 1988. GQ previews have been hot as well. I'd love to get in on a Case Break. I'd knock over the local crack house just to get in on one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahahahahaha @ "Die in a fire: Bowman"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will rip some of both, probably, and see what happens. Which is not really answering the question, I know.

    I am looking forward to a good bounce back year for Ginter.

    ReplyDelete