window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: My boy is on fire.

April 13, 2009

My boy is on fire.

Adam Lind is off to a ridiculous start this season. Great for the Blue Jays, great for psad21 who has him in our fantasy league, and even better for me and my collection. Lind is hitting over .400 up to tonights game and is just crushing the ball right now. This makes me happy, but also makes me mad.

If you look at eBay current listings for his cards and see how much people are selling them for as a buy-it-now these days, it's crazy. Even completed listings had me wondering how people are spending about $10 per card after one week of baseball. Don't get me wrong, I am cheering for him to do well but for his cards to triple and quadruple in a week is crazy. Take this card for example, the 2007 UD Exquisite quad auto that I got a while back for like $3:



Now, look at this auction... I am curious as to what the offer is, and I am going to watch this to see what and if it sells very high. Am I the only one that thinks this is nuts?

I guess now would be a bad time to see who has some of his cards laying around to fill in the gaps in my collection...

I'm thinking of a new contest, so stay tuned for that one.

7 comments:

  1. I'm disappointed, Marie. I wanted to read a post from you about the YANKEES tonight!

    They treated me to one of the funnest games that I've ever witnessed. One of my favorite moments was during the pre-game intros. The Rays played the song "Money for Nothing" as the Yankees were introduced. The folks responsible for the music at the new Yankee Stadium might wanna play that one too - it really fits the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lind is leading the Blue Jays ahead of both the Yankees and Rays. Doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get 'em, Sooz!!!

    I'll save my "one and done" chant for the end of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget Baltimore. It's obvious that the O's and Jays are going to dominate the division this year based on the first week's results ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's baseball. Everything that happens in the first week of baseball will be the same at the end.

    Baseball is crazy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lind is going nuts. I made a 3-way trade in one of my leagues two days before the season that brought him over to my team. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete