window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: My first bargain rack pack

April 30, 2009

My first bargain rack pack

Well so far I have opened one of them, and since I wasn't expecting anything but the Yankee Stadium Legacy card, I was not disappointed. Aside from the 2 Infield Power inserts or A-Rod and Howard, I got a Joe DiMaggio YSL card that I needed so that was cool. It would have been crummy if the one YSL card ended up a double.

I did learn something today. I like cards with borders better than just photographs with names. Borders and card design are what sets each set apart from the others. I know that this is it's own unique design, but it just doesn't do anything for me and didn't really require much in the design thought process. I'm sure no one cares since these are last years cards, but I figured I would throw my 2 cents out there none the less.

Once I get through the other two rack pack openings, if anyone is still missing some cards from this series let me know because there are going to be very few if any that I will end up keeping and I would be happy to help someone complete a set or player collector missing one.

I still have a mailday or two to share, one from my friends Patricia and Lucy at Dinged Corners, and the other from I Heart Halos. Both were stupendous packages that if I don't get around to scanning each card, know that they were all appreciated and well taken care of here.

4 comments:

  1. If you happen to get any of the following: #67, 145, 182, 262, 327, 330, 756, 798, I'd be grateful. Those are the last cards I need to close the binder on that set.

    I also have YSL 1663, 1713, and 2602 if you happen to need any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I don't get any of those cards, I will check the box of 08 UD I have at some point over the weekend for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be one of the fools still chasing that 08 Upper Deck base, I just updated my list. Now let's see if I can do this.

    2008 Upper Deck base series 1 and 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any Jays can come my way

    also let me know what YSL cards you need i have a few kicking around

    ReplyDelete