window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: I went to the new Yankee Stadium

April 3, 2009

I went to the new Yankee Stadium

And all I came home with was a lousy 100 something pictures.

I bought beer up the block, a sandwich down the street and didn't give them another dime after they pried the $20 from my vulcan death grip for parking.

I will be uploading pictures shortly and you will hear my tale of woe. I was so excited to finally be able to go in and look around, only to be sad that it's nothing like it was before. It was like being on vacation and at some other ballpark.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. no worries... soon it will be covered in graffiti, pools of urine in the corner, and it will be like the old place once more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see your experience was less than pleasurable. I remember being very impressed with new Busch Stadium (I liked the old park too) but maybe it will grow on you. It just doesn't have the mystique of the old place I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No amount of newness, gadgets or gizmos will ever replace the history and mystique.

    Lucky for me the closest ballpark to me is in Arlington. The only mystique about Arlington is how come we can't get any pitching?????

    ReplyDelete