window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Happy Easter!

April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all!!

Just a little something I heard today on Fox that I thought was interesting to keep an eye on this season:

Mariano Rivera is 17 saves away from 500.

Gary Sheffield is sitting on 499 homeruns.

Randy Johnson currently has 295 wins.

Carlos Delgado is 30 homeruns away from 500.

I am 29 cards away from 1200 YSL. (OK, that wasn't on Fox but I'm sharing this.)

Clearly you all know which one I want to see happen. Mariano folks, come on.

I also want to say that I have no idea how the world survived without HD TV's and HD broadcasting. I remember when I was a kid and my parents got a new tv, a big screen projection one, and we though the picture was so clear and the colors were so bright, etc. If we saw that tv now we would probably think there was something wrong with it by comparison. I am not saying that it is a travesty for anyone to not have HD because you really wouldn't know the difference if you are used to regular tv. The reason I bring this up is because on Directv you get 60 games a week with the MLB Extra Innings package, and up to 40 a week in HD. The Padres/Giants game tonight was not in HD and it was almost painful to watch. It looked very blurry compared to watching the other games.

I am now done with that rant.

On another note, enjoy the day with your families and don't eat too much candy otherwise you'll pass out before the Game of the Week on ESPN.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I've been up for a few hours and didn't even realize that it was Easter before I saw this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try watching a black and white TV with only 4 channels, said the 100 year-old man.

    (actually, I'm not really a 100, but I do remember the pre-cable era).

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first tv was a wood paneled Zenith with 2 dials, and rabbit ears. I still have it and it's in mint condition. I have no idea what I am ever going to do with it but it's too cool to throw out.

    ReplyDelete