window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2011 Gypsy Queen Case Break Results Part 1

April 28, 2011

2011 Gypsy Queen Case Break Results Part 1

As most of you know last night we broke a case of 2011 Topps GQ live on UStream. While there was a great showing by the participants and fellow bloggers, I know you guys would like to see the hits, parallels, etc. up close and know what you got since it will take me a couple of days to sort all these cards.

I decided to break it up for my sanity into 3 posts. This one with the inserts, one with mini's and SP's, and one with the mojo. You can decide which one you would like to see next by leaving a comment and that will be what I work on scanning and posting tonight. Also, I would love to hear your feedback on the product itself.

I went and tried to make a complete set of each of the inserts, just to see how they fell in the case. I figured this way everyone could get a look at each card in one place.

So here we go....


Future Stars
(20 card set) There was at least one complete set of these in the case, and a total of 58 cards.





Homerun Heroes
(25 card set) There was #4 or #5, so there was no complete set to be made. 59 total cards.





Great Ones
(30 card set) This also couldn't be completed, missing a card #26, with 59 total cards.





Gypsy Tarot Card Back





Gypsy's




Framed Paper /999
57 total cards in the case






Overall, there are a ton of inserts already and that doesn't include all the mini's. I think the mini's really made this set. I like tiny cards. The framed paper cards are really nice in person, I don't think the scans do them justice.

So let me know what you guys think.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Great Ones would be my favorite inserts. I'm on the fence for the set as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green of the 'Home Run Heroes' set looks really nice. I may have to try and build that one.

    Next post should be minis. Leave the hits until last.

    Thanks for doing the break and for doing all the work afterward to ship things out. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who got the Red Sox so maybe I can scoop up their doubles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very interested in the Andre Dawson cards from this set. I already have the 'Home Run Heroes' card but if the others are available to buy, I'm in! Let me know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete