window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Sunday Question

April 3, 2011

Sunday Question

The season is still less than a week old and there have already been some amazing moments and a few "almost" moments.

Kyle Drabek took a no-hitter to the 6th inning as did Chris Tillman, Cliff Lee fanned 11 in his first start, J.P. Arencibia hit 2 homeruns and drove in 5 runs in his debut, the Rangers are crapping all over the Red Sox, and the Mets actually won a game.

Obviously much more than just that has happened in a few short days. Has anything surprised you so far? Any players make the 25 man roster that you are excited about or any get cut that you thought you would see in the big league club to start the season?

Personally I really thought Jesus Montero would be a backup catcher this season however I understand and agree that he should be somewhere playing everyday and working on his game. Oh, and.... How about my boy Russ?! A stolen base and a homerun already as a Yankee. Sigh.

I am also very pleased to see Mark Teixeira off to a solid start this year, as well as my boy Adam Lind. Lind belted a homer already which is a good sign and I would love to see him have a great season. I'm still on the fence about parting with my Lind collection to fund my Cano collection in the event that he has a good start and I can flip his cards, but that is a whole other story.

Talk to me, let me know what you guys have seen so far.

11 comments:

  1. The Pirates have a winning record!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched all four Giants games so far this season. MLB.tv is great!!! Brandon Belt is looking good so far. The defense doesn't look so good, especially the left side (Sandoval, Burell)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally excited about Martin. We were able to keep Posada's bat and gain a catcher with a lot of tolls. I like the bullpen and the lineup looks excellent. the question mark is the starting rotation.

    I'm with you on Montero too. I thought he would be up with the club, but the playing time is invaluable. I still really like my Chrome Blue RC Ref though.

    This is a great week of Yankees baseball. I used to live in Minn will in grad school, so that's always fun. The Sox matchup is always good. It finally feel like summer now with the voice of Mr. Kay, even here in Buffalo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rangers have hit 11 home runs in 3 games, swept the Red Sox, and Cruz/Kinsler have become the first pair of teammates to ever hit home runs in each of the first three games of the season, AND the starting pitching has looked pretty good!

    All in all it's been a pretty great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing Lastings Milledge make the club was surprising, since the other two vying for the last two spots were out of options. Seeing him fly around the bases was awesome. Watching him miss the easy catch in the outfield was not as awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've learned that any situation that involves Tim Wakefield pitching for Boston won't be a good one. (Emergency starter, long relief, etc.) Don't think fans are panicking, but it's a nice wakeup call given how many writers picked them for the Series, like people thought Miami would run away with the NBA title...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed Aubrey Huff flopping all over the place!

    Go Dodgers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Felix Hernandez looked awesome on Opening Day. He will be must see TV every start this year. The Mariners are 2-1, bring on the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tim Hudson was on fire the other day in his first performance of the season. The first inning was a little shaky, but he then found his groove and was awesome.

    The addition of Uggla is also starting to look good as he has flashed both the leather and the lumber in the first 4 games.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I visit MLB 2k11 for enjoy all the MLB pictures and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a pro Lind collector hit me with anything you may have!

    ReplyDelete