window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2011 Topps Baseball Preview

September 17, 2010

2011 Topps Baseball Preview

As you all know 2011 will be Topps Diamond Anniversary and they are celebrating in a huge way from what we can see so far. Topps released new images today so you have to check them out. I think they look pretty good, and I am hoping that this new design of things will be something that will be going on from here on out.

Gallery:

Josh Hamilton

Roy Halladay

David Wright

Stephen Strasburg

Ichiro

Derek Jeter







Derek Jeter

Miguel Cabrera

Tom Seaver

Joe Mauer


I really like the parallels and inserts for the set, the base set I could take or leave just as any other year. I noticed the stickers appear to be clear or non-existent in early previews which is great, next they have to get rid of the manufactured patches.

I am actually looking forward to this release and pre-ordering seems like a fun idea...

9 comments:

  1. Hmm... I could get behind this. Those parallels are pretty slick, and is that Halladay a die-cut? I might just be completely sold if that's the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see myself spending a lot of money on this. Thank god for the monopoly, this is the only set I collect now.
    Curse you MLBP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even going to lie, I am thinking of a group case break.... maybe even 2 cases....

    Who is on board? This would be a great way to gather parallels, autos, and stuff.

    Sooz and I could break a case each simultaneously and and be very entertaining.

    Just a bad good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them. I might even buy a box or two. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would they ruin a perfectly good J-Hey relic with some busted up old pitcher?!?

    In other news, my mind just exploded. Can we skip Updates and Highlights and just go directly to 2011 Topps? If I can call Braves, I am in on a case break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just looked at the images again... I didn't notice how awkward the photo of Jeter really is on the card. Poor Jeter, finally makes Series 1 (or so it seems) and gets owned.

    I can't remember if it was last year or the last two years that he wasn't included in series one, I'm sure Sooz knows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Hamilton looks SICK!!!!!!

    (not that I'll ever get one)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just cracked a HTA Series 2 jumbo box a few hours ago. Completed a base set but got crappy inserts. (Also got crappy inserts in my Series 1 HTA jumbo box as well.)

    ReplyDelete