window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: But it's Arod!!!

September 28, 2009

But it's Arod!!!

Really, that's the argument this eBay seller is giving for selling his Alex Rodriguez 1/1 autograph.
It's a nice card. It's a pretty card. I actually like ARod and am not one of the haters. I had his The Natural poster on my wall when I was a teenager with googly eyes staring at him and Jeter in The Prodigy poster.
This card popped up on eBay for an unGodly price. It's higher than you are thinking, trust me.
C'mon Sooz, it can't be much higher than a couple of thousand. After all, his stock fell slightly after the entire steroid thing.
I understand. Trust me, but it's ARod!. AROD!!!!
I can't even tell you the price of this card because it just seems so foolish. Check out the auction for yourself.

12 comments:

  1. He says he is doing it for attention in the auction... OK, really anything around $500-$1,000 for that stupid card would get attention.

    I should be able to get a trillion for my Pujols in his world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a million buck??? Are you kidding?? Even if there is only 1 in existence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! I would bid on it, but my paypal account has just a little less than that in it right now... By those numbers, I figure since he had more homeruns than A-Rod, my 1/1 Carlos Pena should be worth 3 million, oh and I LOVE attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least shipping is only 99¢. :d

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would be the ebay fee if he sold it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only Arod could afford that card. Maybe the seller wants to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost choked when I saw the price. Then I thought I couldn't read. I know I'm not that great with numbers but DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN! Proof that drugs kill brain cells.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This kind of thing comes up periodically and the best question is always, "What else could you get for the money?" To my mind there are countless possibilities that would be better than this one card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And in 45 years when the autographed sticker starts to peel off, imagine the panic the owner will have. Well the card itself will still be 1/1 sans the autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the logic some people use is truly dizzying. even if that were the only autograph of A-Rod's in the world (much less the only crappy 2007 Topps M&M 1/1 sticker AUTO on a a baseball card. yawn.) how could anyone even double speak themselves into $10,000 for it, much less $1.5 million. i would love to meet this guy, just so i could hear him speak. he must be like PT Barnum, Adolf Hitler and Billy Mays all in one.

    ReplyDelete