window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Varsity Trading Cards

September 20, 2011

Varsity Trading Cards

Some of our long time readers will recall posts we did on custom baseball cards that I received from a fellow blogger. The cards are called GameDay Graphers and you can check them out by clicking here.

My buddy from Minnesota has kept in touch with us throughout the years despite his lack of interest in collecting/blogging. He is a big Twins fan and I always put aside cards for him but sometimes forget to mail them (well not my Mauer cards, he's too cute). Anywho, he has since started his own trading card company devoted to creating team sets of high school varsity sports.

I received a brochure and sample card in the mail. The card reminds me a lot of the minor league cards you can pick up at the parks when you go to the team shop. The one difference between the minor league and this one is there is a space for an autograph.

Just think, if you have the next Albert Pujols or Eric Hosmer in your town you can get their first card signed by them and hold onto it.






I scanned the card and the brochure in case anyone is interested in setting up a team set for their local high school, or if there are any coaches out there interested in creating a set for a fundraiser.

If you have any questions or are interested in making a set of cards please contact Christopher at VarsityTradingCards.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hey ladies! Thanks TONS for the shout out! I liked the comparison to the Minor League team sets, especially since I'm always looking to improve the product. Since I can't produce millions of cards at a time, and since I need to keep the prices reasonable for the student athletes and their parents, I'm going to be sticking with the 16pt board for the time being--however, depending on the success of the product, that definitely could change. My goal is to make these cards every bit as impressive as pro players' cards.

    And, don't worry, ladies. Just because my collecting and blogging has waned a bit doesn't mean it has been entirely eliminated. You two are always the first I think of when I crack stuff open. You better believe I'll be sending the good Cano/Jeter/etc. stuff I run across!

    Thanks again, and I'll let you know when your review pack is on the way!

    ReplyDelete