window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Topps teases Triple Threads (Say that three times fast)

September 7, 2011

Topps teases Triple Threads (Say that three times fast)

As we twiddle our thumbs this season waiting for a new baseball product - is it just me or does it feel like forever until something comes out - Topps put up some pictures on their Twitter account showcasing some of the hits from this year's Triple Threads.

Triple Threads is set to release at the end of the month, and it's product I have never bought.

Frankly, I cannot afford it. This year, the boxes are going for $190 each.

Here are some of the highlights.









The biggest difference between this year's edition from years past are the sticker autographs. Stickers are still there but they are clear instead of silver.

On most of the cards, I like the new edition. My favorite are these booklets, especially the Reggie Jackson. That one seemed to catch my eye right from the beginning.

But I wonder how many goofy sayings we are going to see in Triple Threads this year.

I will check out the ebay listings when they come out of Triple Threads. Since I can't ever afford these cards, it's my favorite thing to do once this product comes out.

6 comments:

  1. They're adding two hits to each pack right? One autograph and one jersey card a minibox I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems that way. This is what is written on Blowout's site:

    "Now 2 Hits per Pack! - One additional Hit per Pack with each Pack including a Numbered Auto Relic and a Numbered Relic Card!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember back to the days of yore when Bert Blyleven took to the field with the Minnesota Twins in his uniform with the Halo'd A prominent on the uniform.

    Seriously, why not list him as an Angel if that is the patch you are going to use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. am i the only one not WOWED with the designs of this years high end products

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been a fan of Triple Threads, the multi relic cards just don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's just me, but I don't find those "book" cards all that appealing. If I can't insert it easily into a page I usually just gloss over them.

    ReplyDelete