window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: The best part of Topps Marquee

September 20, 2011

The best part of Topps Marquee

Searching through eBay listings of Topps Marquee, my eyes fall onto the same types of card - no matter who the player.

The Topps Marquee Museum Collection autographs are some of the nicest autograph cards I have seen in a while. I love the autograph matching the color of the background in many of the pictures or sometimes the different color auto makes it pop.

This Pablo Sandoval auto /10 ended today for $210.06. It's Pablo Sandoval. He missed a number of games last year and this card still went for a good price.




This Craig Kimbrel really stands out to me. I love the gold background behind the autograph and the gold sort of coloring you see in the light on the card.


The one thing that could really ruin a card like this is a bad signature. Or when that looks more like hieroglyphs than an actual signature.


The other issue I have with these insert as well is just the high number of redemptions there seems to be. At the time I did a search on eBay for "Marquee Museum," 87 listings were available and 33 of them were for redemptions. That's a 38 percent ratio for those wondering.

Here are some other good examples of the Marquee Museum autographs.

Brandon Belt

 Josh Hamilton



2 comments:

  1. Those are some nice looking cards, I also dig the jumbo relic and patch cards form the set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made an offer for a Tim Hudson card on eBay. I wouldn't normally go after something so high end, but the card is just so freakin' beautiful!

    ReplyDelete