window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: BGS War / Triple Threads Rant

September 28, 2011

BGS War / Triple Threads Rant

Obviously you already know I hate money and love cards otherwise I wouldn't be fishing on eBay periodically throughout the day for nonsense. Since I have no interest in tracking down 65 piece game used Triple Threads, I look for things I actually like.

I would rather spend money on an autograph than spend $50+ on a gray swatch card, so that's usually what I look for if I'm searching.

One of the cards missing from my PC is the 2005 Bowman Signs of the Future Robinson Cano autograph. I am currently watching two of them, but will probably buy neither because Christmas is coming and I'd rather save money for that. However, for those people looking to buy me a gift.... Here is your chance (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Here is what I don't understand, look at these two cards and explain to me why one autograph is graded a 9 and one is graded a 10 when the are identical. If I were buying one I'd probably go for the 9/9 over the 8.5/10 but honestly, I don't see a difference in the auto that is so great to be different. Maybe someone can point it out.

P.S. Here is a card designed by a bunch of "Dingbats" (Lame meter is high for this one.)

P.P.S. Love the shoddy piece meal patch assembly on this Mr. November. The Mr. looks like it's between two envelopes not bats.

P.P.P.S I'm done for now. Stupid eBay.

4 comments:

  1. That Jeter looks ridiculous. The other day I was bidding on a Hughes Topps Marquee relic with four jersey swatches (three with pinstripes) and each pinstripe was going in a different direction. So careless.

    The onyl nice thing about gray relics is that they can't be F'ed up. That's literally it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it funny that we worry about "grading" a signature that's just "R" "dot" "C" "curl" "dot".

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Obviously you already know I hate money and love cards otherwise I wouldn't be fishing on eBay periodically throughout the day for nonsense."

    That is the funniest thing I have read all day! So true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Jeter can't be lame you guys - didn't you see that it is "Ultra Rare"?

    It looks like a Tim Burton edition.

    ReplyDelete