window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Target fully stocked

December 15, 2010

Target fully stocked

Last night I went to the mall and while in Target I noticed that there were blasters and packs galore of everything you could imagine, including sealed retail boxes of 2010-2011 Panini Threads Basketball, 2010 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects baseball, and 2010 Bowman Platinum. They also had rack packs and blasters of everything.

I won't lie, I opened each box and planned on grabbing a few packs from each and going on my way. I grabbed the bottom packs out of each box... Then I put them all back. $2.99 per pack for both Bowman products and you get 4 cards. 4 cards that I probably won't want since I don't collect many players. Then the Panini Threads... $2.99 per pack, 10 cards per pack. Sold.

I have had good luck with basketball so I stuck with those packs. While I didn't pull anything great, they were fun to open and I like the photography and design on the set.



As luck would have it I have a knack for pulling Boston Celtics cards. Go figure. Perhaps I can make a pile of Celtics to trade someone.

So I took note of some of the other products out and what you get in the blasters. Bowman Platinum blaster is 8 packs, 4 cards per pack- 32 cards for $20. Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects
you get 8 packs with 7 cards per pack - 56 cards for $20. The DPP is actually a break considering the loose packs only get you 4 cards and chances are the packs were searched unless you stumble upon a box that was sealed like I did. Still wasn't tempting for the price despite the odds being intact. Rack packs of Platinum go for $8.99 for 3 packs with a bonus 3 refractors, and I believe the DPP rack packs were $4.99 with 3 chrome cards (I forget how many cards total). Panini Threads blaster, 8 packs, 10 packs per box- $20.

Maybe I picked up a blaster....

I wish Topps could pack a few more cards per pack or an extra pack per blaster to make you feel like you are getting value like you can get from a Panini product.

Anyone happen to pull something good out of the new retail release wave that hit recently?

5 comments:

  1. i am interested in your unwanted celtics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a blaster of Bowman Platinum for the first time at Target last week. I picked it up, read that it contained 32 cards for 20 bucks, and put it back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm going to spend $20 for 32 cards, I'd better be able to pick out which ones I want. (This is why I haven't bought any blasters since early 2009.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up a Blaster of Platinum, and didn't pull anything worthwhile and don't like the way the cards look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. joe - shoot me an e-mail lets work out a trade.

    The Bowman Platinum blaster is a joke. I could get 20 cards I want from that set on eBay for $20 and at least enjoy the cards.

    ReplyDelete