window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Phew ...

December 5, 2010

Phew ...

I'm an overthinker by nature. One thing could happen and I'll imagine how it will change things 10 years from now.

When Derek Jeter was unemployed, I didn't really imagine him going to another team. I couldn't really picture him in another uniform despite the ever-popular cards that made their way through mainstream media recently.

But I did think about my collection. I have A LOT of Derek Jeter cards. When I packed my cards away for storage, one huge box took my whole Jeter collection.

I kept thinking, What the hall am I going to do now?

Did I really think Jeter was going to sign with another team? Not really, but I always like to plan for the worst. I always like to make sure I know I have a Plan B or C. In this case, I can rest easy. No plans needed.

Jeter is back home where he is loved and will make the most money. He should be the first Yankee to ever reach 3,000 hits in pinstripes.

I should be happy once again.

(I was never really worried)

1 comment:

  1. Just the fact that we couldn't COMPLETELY rule out him leaving says alot about the state of sports nowadays.

    ReplyDelete