window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2010 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects

December 16, 2010

2010 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects

I picked these up, you know, for the sake of the blog. Yep, I'll keep telling myself that.

Remember how I told you guys about what you get per pack in retail packs and blasters? Well while I was there the other night when I opened the boxes, despite picking a few packs up of each I put all but 2 2010-2011 Panini Threads. However, yesterday when I was in the mall for another reason I walked back by the card aisle to see what was left.

There were roughly 6 2010-2011 Panini Threads blasters two days ago. Yesterday, there was only one left. I also forgot to make mention of the fact that the Panini Threads blasters have a coupon for $2 if you buy two Panini Threads products.

The funny part or sad as if may seem, is that the 4 packs of 2010 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects I had grabbed from the bottom of the box were in the exact same spot I left them in with nothing else moved... Kinda weird... I felt this was some sort of sign, and since I had a Target gift card from my birthday I grabbed the 4 packs to see if my feeling was right.

Here are the highlights of the 4 packs:

Sean Brady USA and Corey Seager USA



Drew Stubbs RC refractor


Jason Heyward RC


Carson Kelly GU /199

I also pulled 3 base Team USA cards: Sean Brady, Marc Brakeman, and Alex Bregman.

I wish there was more of a difference in the design of the different versions of Bowman, Bowman Chrome, and Bowman DPP. The first year cards I think should be universal, but it's like opening the same packs for 3 releases. It makes this one kind of a snooze by the time it gets released because you have seen the cards so many times already.

Anyone pull a cool auto from retail? Hobby? (Retail boxes state one auto and one relic per box.)

7 comments:

  1. I could never figure out why Bowman isn't done as a multi-series set, the way Topps runs the base set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My box is waiting at home and I'm stuck at our last day of class. I'll be rippinig by 8:30 tonight. I'll post anything interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I hope you hit something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I pulled a Gary Brown Auto Chrome Prospect Refractor. I pulled 19 USA team cards, 2 Poseys, 2 Heywards, 1 Strasburg, Stephen Pryor Blue Refractor. I will get some scan up tomorrow. I have a few storage boxes I must put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I hate putting storage boxes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drew Stubbs killed the Cubs last year, .333 BA, 5 2B, 1 3B, 5 HR and 16 RBI in 14 games. Oh and 7 SB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a blaster a Walmart yesterday and pulled a Strasburg Orange refactor-no auto. It is #06/25. anyone know what its worth?

    ReplyDelete