window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: The other Goudey blaster

May 10, 2009

The other Goudey blaster

If you recall in the previous Goudey blaster post I said Target had 2 blasters. If you thought I left one there, you don't know me that well. One thing I checked for was the upper left on the first card in each pack, and just as it was in the previous blaster it was damaged here as well. I also tried to find out the odds of hits in the retail packs/blasters, but there was no information on the wrappers. No one cares about this part so here is what I got (my scanner crops things all the time, but the cards are centered for the most part):

Pack 1

Adam Dunn
Alex Gordon
Randy Johnson
Jered Weaver
Goudey Heads Up Stan Musial

Pat Burrell
Jack Cust
Evan Longoria

Pack 2

(Dye) Jermaine Dye
Justin Verlander
Alfonso Soriano
UD 20th Anniversary Retrospective Michael Jordan

4-in 1 A-Rod, Jeter, Mo, Joba (HOORAY)

Jeff Baisley
Michael Young
Justin Morneau

Pack 3

Magglio Ordonez
Grady Sizemore
4-in 1 Liriano, Kershaw, Hamels, Price (I really like this combo for some reason -dinged corner)

Goudey Mini Nick Swisher (blue back)

Carlos Gonzalez
Bob Gibson
Rick Ankiel
Ryan Howard

Pack 4

Travis Hafner
Kelly Johnson
Cliff Lee
Goudey Mini Carlos Pena

B.J. Upton
Delmon Young
Frank Thomas
Trevor Hoffman

Pack 5

Chipper Jones
Josh Willingham
Goudey Memorabilia Troy Tulowitzki (sure, after I wash my hands of him on here the other day)

Kevin Slowey
Johnny Damon (thank you for being one of the few who remember how to hit)
Chris Young

Pack 6

Scott Elbert
Jeremy Guthrie
Goudey Heads Up Brandon Webb

Goudey Mini Johnny Cueto

Yovani Gallardo
Travis Snider
Prince Fielder

Pack 7

Russell Martin (yay)
Derrek Lee
Jacoby Ellsbury (bite me)
Brandon Phillips
Sport Royalty Mike Schmidt (who will make his way to Stale Gum)

Phil Coke
Shane Victorino
Mat Gamel

Pack 8

Kosuke Fukudome (just fun to say, and "funner" to say wrong)
Michael Bowden (snarl)
Clay Buchholz (snarl)
Tom Glavine
4-in 1 Ellsbury, Pedroia, Youkilis, Ortiz (snarl to the fourth power)

Phil Hughes (I still like him regardless of him mailing it in)
Wade LeBlanc
Mike Aviles

Between two blasters I think I have almost, if not the whole team set for the Red Sox. Fun for Section 36, not so much for me. The inserts seem to fall one per pack, sometimes 2 per pack so that makes these fun to open (even if they are 4-in one cards of the enemy). No idea what I am going to do with the cards I don't want out of here yet, but I am sure I will acquire more in the future. Anyone have any Pujols from the Goudey to trade?

10 comments:

  1. Geez...this Target you're going to is the nexus of hits in retail. Maybe they know you shop there LOL =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got that Yankee 4-in-1 in blue if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure am interested. I'll e-mail you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a Pujols Heads Up that is looking for a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, I love the player selection on the 4-players.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like them, Ron. They will be in your mailbox in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EdS- I ended up picking the Heads Up on eBay, though that was 11 days ago and I am still waiting for it... I will frantically e-mail you if I never see the card, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my opinion Goudey is in dire need of a talented artist who can make the cards come alive. Can you imagine this ?

    http://www.briankong.com/SportsEnlarge/Sports5.htm

    The Mojo Hand

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about my prize for guessing correctly on your other collection??? That Joba 4-card would be nice??!!

    ReplyDelete