window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: 2009 Upper Deck Series 2 Blaster

May 25, 2009

2009 Upper Deck Series 2 Blaster



On Saturday I got a text from Sooz who crawled out of the house and went to Target to discover they had 2009 Upper Deck Series 2, and 2009 Topps Series 2. As I got the text I was tying my sneakers about to go get an iced coffee and decided to make a detour to Target on my way to Dunkin Donuts. My Target had an empty box of 2009 UD Series 2 packs, 4 rack packs, and 6 blasters. There were no Topps Series 2, and Bowman were gone but they had them a few days earlier. I was debating on which one I wanted to pick up and checked my wallet to see what I had in there. I found $14 bucks from 2 scratch off tickets and decided that a blaster for $6 bucks was the way to go.

Blasters contain 10 packs, with 8 cards per pack*.

Pack One (6 cards and jersey card)

Jose Veras (sucks)
Brian Bruney
Carl Crawford Starquest (Silver Common)
National Team Game Jersey Andrew Oliver

Chase Utley

Seth McClung

Pack Two (7 cards)

Bronson Arroyo
Pat Burrell Team CL
Justin Morneau Starquest (Black Ultra Rare)

Michael Jordan Goodwin Champions Preview (sweet card)

Chris Volstad
Wandy Rodriguez
Paul Maholm

Pack Three (7 cards)

LaTroy Hawkins
Tom Glavine
Carlos Quentin Starquest (Silver Common)
Carlos Gomez
Doug Slaten
David Dellucci
Jason LaRue

Pack Four (7 cards)

Luis Rodriguez
Michael Young Award Winners
Cliff Lee Starquest (Blue Uncommon)
Scott Olsen Team CL
Brandon Boggs
Steve Holm
Masahide Kobayashi

Pack Five (6 cards)

Dustin Pedroia
J.P. Howell
Geovany Soto Starquest (Gold Rare)

Chan Ho Park
John Buck
Alex Rodriguez


Pack Six (wow, all 8 promised cards)

Tim Byrdak
David Riske
Matt Joyce
Carlos Quentin Starquest (Blue Uncommon)
Yorvit Torrealba
Todd Coffey
Jonathan Papelbon
Dioner Navarro

Pack Seven (6 cards)

Joey Votto
Mike Jacobs Team CL
Trevor Crowe
Jimmy Rollins Starquest (Silver Common)
Kosuke Fukudome
Cla Meredith

Pack Eight (another one with all 8 cards, the Astros pack)

Danny Ardoin
Roy Oswalt
Koji Uehara
Mars Pathfinder UD 20th Anniversary (zzzzzzzz)
Ian Kinsler Starquest (Silver Common)
Kevin Jepsen
Humberto Quintero
Carlos Lee

Pack Nine
(8 cards)

Chad Durbin
Jon Rauch
Kevin Kouzmanoff (Soooooooz)
Kerry Wood Team CL
Brian McCann Starquest (Emerald Super Rare)

Michael Young Team CL
Cliff Lee
Evan Longoria

Pack Ten (had 12 cards)

Alexei Ramirez
Shawn Hill
Edinson Volquez
German Duran
Jonathan Broxton
Dallas McPherson
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Scott Kazmir
Kevin Youkilis Starquest (Silver Common)
J.J. Putz
Gabe Gross
Heath Bell

Was this thrilling? Not by any means. The most excitement I got was opening the first pack, seeing the jersey card yet thinking the superthick pack still in the box had another jersey card. That was a real tease, though I am not sure why I thought I was going to get 2 game used cards when half the boxes don't even have one. The other reason I went for the blaster was the one in a million chance of getting a Jeter RC auto. If I did get one I am really not sure what would have ended up happening with that, but now we don't have to worry about it.

For $6 bucks I got to open a bunch of packs and had some fun, even if I only got one (crappy) game used jersey card. I will probably head over to Target tomorrow to see what they have.

8 comments:

  1. Upper Deck has serious problems with packing out their product. I just opened a hobby box of series 1 and 4 of the packs only had 10 cards and I was shorted a jersey card and one autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. B-MAC!!!!!!! wow. only one good card in the box. But at least you got a shiny B-Mac starthingy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the excitement and drama of what you got. It is a real lucky dip..What is the deal with the Mars Pathfinder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Offy-- that sucks, pretty badly.

    Paul, the Mars Pathfinder is all yours if you want it. I couldn't bring myself to waste time scanning it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know where that Morneau is goin'... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. UD has another serious issue this year, inserting "hits" of USA baseball that no one cares about (minus Strasburg).

    ReplyDelete
  7. $6 for 10 packs, that's pretty good.

    I thought those blasters mostly go for $19


    Paul in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was only $6 bucks because I cashed in on $14 in lotto tickets.

    I hate money.

    ReplyDelete