window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: I need help

May 18, 2009

I need help


I know what you are all thinking, but no not mental help this time. I am wondering if anyone purchases supplies online, and if so where. I need to pick up a couple of binders, some hinge cases to send out trades, team bags, etc. I was purchasing stuff on eBay from Columbia Sports or something like that, and was wondering if anyone consistently purchases from one seller or one website.

I also feel like it is my duty to track down all Pujols cards from the Goudey set. So you can add that to the list of things I need help on. I found a couple of 99 cent cards on eBay ending tonight so I am crossing my fingers that no one bids. Slim chance, but I can dream.

I have no new cards since Target and K-mart didn't have any new products in the last week or two. It is killing me that they have nothing, but I should be glad because I really don't have the money to be spending. I want to take a ride to the hobby shop that one of our readers suggested in Midland Park, NJ as soon as I figure out where it is on Mapquest. We never made it to the card show this weekend, which was a bummer but it will be back in a month or two so it's ok.

I got a bunch of YSL cards in the mail today from Matt over at HBC (Heartbreaking Cards), thanks s bunch!! I will be getting myself motivated tonight to find you some cards, I'm a little slow...

(A little Burnett for all the pies he has been making...)

9 comments:

  1. I but 2" binders at the local dollar store. Ya can't beat a buck for a binder. Don't use snap cases because they damage more cards than they protect.
    Um... that's about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only got two cards out of the one hobby box I just got. the 4-1 #35-71 & # 178 let me know if you want them I'll send them out no charge or anything expected back. Just reaching out to everyone being a new blogger an all with little traffic so it help to help out. Sorry I did'nt have anymore. Grant old school pack buster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Grant, thanks. I could use the 4-in one definitely. I bought the base card on eBay and 18 days later it still has yet to show up. E-mail me at cardbandits@gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent the 09 Goudey Heads Up Pujols out in Sooz' package last week, so you'll have something waiting for you the next time you see her

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you do with the eBay bid?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is this Burnett card from? I loved the 86 set growing up. Is this a real card? You now have me all excited...the prospect of the 1986 design coming back, even if for a short time or one certain cards, is almost too much. No team looked better than the Yankees with the black and white and the pinstripes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will tell you all about eBay in a short while when I am watching the game I plan on writing a blog about it.

    As far as that Burnett card, I just googled his name looking for a cool picture and that was the best one. Sorry to get your hopes up =(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I buy most of my top loaders, sleeves, pages and bags from Dacardworld. I can normally find an old binder at work when I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would search for a sports card distributor. Most will let you set up an account with only a resale tax id number from the state. I was able to obtain an Illinois tax id online in about 5 minutes. I then had to wait a couple weeks for the certificate to come in the mail. I faxed it over to Southern Hobby (which sports cards stores in the area use) and they set me up with an account. Now anytime I need anything from hobby boxes to supplies I just order from them. They're 5 minutes from my work so I swing in on lunch and pick up whatever I ordered. There prices are comparable to prices you would pay at the shows. The only downside to this is you have to file quarterly resale taxes with the state. However, if you don't sell anything you get a deal on tax. Email me if you have any other questions on this. fatcat4262@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete