window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Strasburg and our Case Break

August 27, 2010

Strasburg and our Case Break

Let me start by saying there was no need to rush this kid into the big leagues. If the Nationals were EVER a contender to win something, then MAYBE I would understand the logic. I know that doesn't make it right or wrong, but if they were in first place it would be easier to comprehend the rush. When baseball players get drafted they tend to spend more than one game in each level of the minors. I feel bad for the kid to be honest. I also hope that he is able to come back just as strong and doesn't let this get him down.

With all that being said, our case of 2010 Topps T-206 is set to arrive on Wednesday. I posted an earlier blog asking for a preference of when to break it so if you could scroll down and reply there and let me know. Now, this post is going to require a different type of response...

Update: Check out the hits from the case here

3 comments:

  1. How did they rush him? They left him sit in the minors with a ridiculously low pitch count to save money. Did he even go longer than the sixth in any of his games? I think something is wrong with modern conditioning. Pitchers used to pile up twice as many innings as they do now and have longer careers. Why now with the advent of the pitch count do we see so many injuries? Maybe the answer is let them throw! I'd like to see some science behind the reasoning of the magical 100 pitch count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, perhaps I left a little out here. I think this would have happened in the minors also. I don't think the injury was because he was in the major leagues, however he needed conditioning that could have been done in the minors.

    His pitch count is irrelevant as far as his experience in the minors. My point was that I think he should have spent more time in the minors doing some of what you are talking about, like building up stamina so when he did come up he wasn't on a pitch count, or innings limit as severe as they had it set up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he gets better, but I'm not shedding a tear for the goofs that paid obscene amounts for his cards. Serves 'em right.

    BTW, I forget which box break I signed up for. Hope I didnt miss it.

    ReplyDelete