window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Which red hot rookie redemption will Strasburg be?

June 14, 2010

Which red hot rookie redemption will Strasburg be?

When it comes to trying to figure out which one of the red hot rookie redemptions Stephen Strasburg will end up with, stop trying to figure it out.

Topps isn't going to leak that kind of information. We hope to hear this week who the first Red Hot Rookie redemption will be, but people on eBay seemingly think it's old #1.

Auction #1 - I don't know for sure if this a lot or not. There are two card in the picture, but the auction reads as if only one card is being sold. However, for that price, I think I would want a kidney included - or at least s spiffy looking Jeter card.

Auction #2 - At least I know for sure this is a two-card lot. But $76 for two cards is crazy.

Auction #3 - This is more of the price range that we settled into for the #1 ~$50.

Speculators make the world go 'round, I guess. It happens in the oil industry and makes gas prices go crazy. It happens on the stock market and makes our economy go crazy. It happens with baseball cards and it makes the secondary market go nuts.

Right now, it seems only #1 is selling at that high of a price as a single. The other redemptions are in the $10 range.

Strasburg has a crazy effect these days on card collectors.

When we know which card Strasburg will be, you'll know too.



Click Here

6 comments:

  1. I hope it's Straus.... I have the #1 Rookie Redemption. Haven't had too many hits this year so this would make it worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an entire set 1-10, $200 takes 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've redeemed #1 the day I opened my box. I didn't even think about selling it. I guess I was hoping Heyward would be #1 in this set like he was in the Finest redemption program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you feel about it now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Straburg might not even be in the Red Hot Rookies, because they usually save that for guys that don't have a regular Topps RC. He was just announced as having one, #661 via the million dollar card scratch off cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good point. However, they could make him a red shot rookie with an auto. I guess that would be the only difference.

    ReplyDelete