window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Yay for Snow Day and February Fury!

February 10, 2010

Yay for Snow Day and February Fury!

It's quite snowy in my neck of the woods today, looks like about 3"-4" on the ground already and still pounding. Joy! I love snow and winter, but I am sick of having to wear heavy clothes so I don't turn blue. Spring training is coming, and so is fantasy baseball. I will be opening the league up tonight and sending the invites.

How is it by everyone else? Anyone else happily (grumpily) snowed in?

I was going to use today to study and what not, but I am also going to take some time to attempt to put some of the 2010 Albert's in their home. I hate having his cards just laying around. I have almost all his 2010 Topps cards (not bothering with black /59 variations or game used unless by trade). I would love to have one of the Cano "pie in the face" variations for my binder but I don't care for $100. I don't even know if I would spend $5 on one just because to me, it's still a Topps base card that otherwise should be 10 cents. I know how it sounds but I can't help it.

So come on people, entertain me. =)

8 comments:

  1. Here in Way-Upstate NY (Seneca County) we've got about 4" on the ground and it's still snowing - but I don't think we'll get pounded like you guys will - unless the lake effect kicks in. So, I'm staying inside, listening to WFAN, and posting on the blog, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heee. I live far north of you. I even live further north than wax wombat. And we have no snow for the second straight week.

    Feels good. But it's awfully damn cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's already 8 inches on the ground in central jersey, and it's still coming.

    This is not my favorite way to use my vacation time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say we are probably up to 6"-8" here also and it just started coming down heavier.

    It looks nice outside, but I just made an attempt to shovel, and decided it isn't worth it right now and I'll just fire up the snowblower later (read: make my brother do that because it's not easy to maneuver).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Six inches here in Southern Missouri and more coming tomorrow. That is a ton of snow for us. The snow is good though because we usually only get freezing rain and that is a whole lot worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a newspaper photographer. So while my teacher wife enjoys a day off with the kids, I get to drive around unplowed roads, hike up unplowed driveways so I don't get stuck, and generally risk life and limb for pictures people will forget tomorrow.

    Those pie-in-the-face cards are $100 bucks! Damn. I guess I won't be collecting *every* 2010 Topps card.

    ReplyDelete