window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: Super Bowl

February 8, 2010

Super Bowl

I must say I really enjoyed watching the Super Bowl this year despite having no allegiance to either team. The game moved along quickly, there weren't many penalties and it was close the whole game.

I didn't realize I cared about the game until the Saints won the challenge on the 2 point conversion and I was screaming and clapping. I realized it again when I was willing Peyton to throw an interception so the Saints could ensure a win. Someone was jumping and screaming at the tv to "go go go go!!" when the Saints intercepted.

I don't know what football teams many of you root for but if you are a Saints fan (for longer than the last week), congrats and hope you enjoyed seeing your team win their first Super Bowl. It was a nice moment to watch Drew and his little boy together after the game having a moment.

What did you guys think of the game?

On another random note, more snow is forecasted for tomorrow in some areas South from VA up, and in my area for Wednesday. This better not be a tease for my area and we get nothing again because I would like an excuse to skip my Wednesday class.

10 days until pitchers and catchers report....

4 comments:

  1. be careful what you wish for - we really don't need snow on weds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best part of the game was Drew and his kid. That made it seem more than a game for commercial reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted an exciting game, and I got it. I did pick a saints/colts SB before the playoffs, and that is the first time I have been right. ever.
    I am on snowday 6 this winter (we've had 6 in the last 5 yrs or so)and am all fired up to teach, but no students can get to school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was certainly not the best super bowl (since there have been last second field goals and one game with a game-saving tackle a yard short of the end zone) but it was the best feel-good super bowl story I can remember.

    Ads were very much duds - I only rated 3-4 ads a four or five star (out of five stars) on Adbowl.

    ReplyDelete