window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-12381093-3'); A Cardboard Problem: eBay and snow

February 26, 2010

eBay and snow

Being snowed in allows for lots of time to search the internet for things you never knew you needed, but now want. I am not going to bid on this Albert Pujols/Derek Jeter Stamp because it's way out of my price range but it's one of those cards I would like to find in a pack at the hobby shop.

OK, so how many of you have been buying things online while snowed in? I picked up 2 things so far, one I needed and one I didn't. I bought a permanent marker pen to send with my TTM to Phil Hughes (here's to hoping I actually follow through on it this year), and an Adam Lind chrome refractor for 99 whole cents.

Round one of shoveling was just completed, so now I'm off to have some lunch. Feel free to entertain me since I am trapped here til tomorrow (hopefully that's it).

7 comments:

  1. I've got my eye on some 1991 Classic Draft Picks packs. The odds are against me, but they inserted 50,000 autographs into that product. I just wonder how many millions of packs they made... Still, might be fun to open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blew through my card budget over the weekend when I was more or less stuck at home because I wasn't feeling well.

    eBay should be providing some nice Japanese baseball cards and a Mike Pelfrey autograph, but I have to wait for the mail to have a chance to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm far from snowed in out here in San Diego, but abnormally high amounts of rain have been cancelling outdoor activities left and right (boohoo, right?), so I've become addicted to searching for crap I don't need on COMC and ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been buying some cards online. I picked up a Bowman's Best Certified auto of Justin Verlander, Robinson Cano, Melky Cabrera, and Russel MArtin. Total paid with shipping was less than $35. I also picked up some autographed hockey cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch for a post tomorrow about something I picked up on ebay. (and a Pujoles 1/1 my friend is getting rid of)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And your friend did not contact me for this Pujols card?! (Pretty sure I probably don't have anything worth a 1/1 Pujols, but he can try ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slow day @ work is the same as being snowed in so yeah...I've done this. Been picking up several autograph cards of Braves players the last couple of days.

    ReplyDelete